Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:07 AM
I have completed gen 1 down to the Machop line. This is an ongoing project and there will likely be retrained versions of each of these in future generations.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
I have completed down to Farfetch'd at the moment.

Dougtheloremaster

Dougtheloremaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
    Last Visit Mar 04 2019 04:58 AM

I like your thought process, though I would suggest tweaking those "stats" to reasonable levels. a lvl 4 with 2150 atk and no draw back to summon is a bit much. That aside, the mechanic is interesting do you have plans for spell or trap cards as well?

BearWho72

BearWho72

Fresh Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
    Last Visit Mar 03 2019 04:07 AM
  • Discord:BearWho#8246
I understand that the goal is to have dual-attributes/types, but why not just use each one for one typing of the Pokémon. You could have Charizard be a WIND Pyro monster. Is the duality going to be the bread and butter of their playstyle, and if so, what exactly are you thinking of using them for?

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
The dual attribute/typing opens up support. But asside from that, I do have plans for spell/trap cards.

I do understand that 2150 is somewhat high but the main focus is to reflect the actual stats of each pokemon. I may give effects to cards with high stats later to give them a minor draw back. At the moment, I'm still working on finishing the first 151 pokemon. After that, I will focus on balancing out cards like Abra.

I do appreciate the input though. But also remember that Weisel is a Lv1 with 2500 ATK and has no drawbacks with the added effect of being able to equip any given synchro monster to it and gaining the ATK of said monster (not counting any Machine support).

Dougtheloremaster

Dougtheloremaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
    Last Visit Mar 04 2019 04:58 AM

The dual attribute/typing opens up support. But asside from that, I do have plans for spell/trap cards.

I do understand that 2150 is somewhat high but the main focus is to reflect the actual stats of each pokemon. I may give effects to cards with high stats later to give them a minor draw back. At the moment, I'm still working on finishing the first 151 pokemon. After that, I will focus on balancing out cards like Abra.

I do appreciate the input though. But also remember that Weisel is a Lv1 with 2500 ATK and has no drawbacks with the added effect of being able to equip any given synchro monster to it and gaining the ATK of said monster (not counting any Machine support).

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When a face-up monster you control is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attackOnce per turn: You can target 1 Synchro Monster your opponent controls; equip that target to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of the monsters equipped to it by this effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell Card: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

i disagree. destroying a monster outside a damage step isn't quite so easy for a player. Sending it to the graveyard is simple destroying it first requires resources. Not to mention summoning prevents your other monsters attacking. you can only equip your opponents synchro with this card as well. Quite a few restrictions are placed upon wisel. Abra simply gets summoned no muss no fuss.

I do like your idea and thought process, however, it's something to keep in mind. I look forward to your future work on this idea. 

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
I see what you mean but once it is actually on the field, it becomes quite troublesome and especially if you have something like Gravity Bind.

I want to finish the first gen and continue on to the next step.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Updates:

1) Completed up to Exeggutor

2) Abra has the drawback of not being able to declare an attack (as it can only learn Teleport).

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
I have up to Kangaskhan made. This is gonna be a fun project to work on as we are heading into Gen 8 of Pokemon. Can't wait to see what new pokemon are waiting.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Excuse me while I do some re-organizing. Just putting things in order so I can put other concepts in as I progress.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Back to work and I have down to Starmie made.

Update: I have all 151 pokemon from Gen 1 made and I'm just rebalancing some cards. I wanted to change the playstyle of the pokemon a bit.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Working on the Johto pokemon.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Ok. So I'm experimenting with ways to reduce the amount of words in card text. Once I complete a list of new terms, I will errata cards that generally have the effects to give you an idea.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
I'm working on the physical cards as we speak. Hopefully, I can have the Kanto part up in a couple weeks.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Apologies for the lack of updates at the moment. I'm currently doing some rebalancing of the cards to make them work a bit better in the YGO environment.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
I'm currently in the rebalancing stage of Gen 1 and some things might change since these cards are supposed to have their own canon.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Making some changes.
•The cards now use the overlay mechanic and they ditched Levels/Ranks.
•Hope the required Evo materials make sense given that some pokemon change species when they evolve.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Changing the cards to fit the new system. After I finish the Pokemon, I will start adding Spells/Traps.

Horu Ishayuki

Horu Ishayuki

I am the king

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Have down to Politoed made. Haven't added effects yet. Still considering what effects each pokemon's dex entries grant.

I have the framework down to Girafarig made.

I now have framework down to the wall known as Shuckle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users