two new burning abyss cards

SMQEOC444

qFOPLbe.jpg

Two new cards I designed to go with the "Burning Abyss" archetype. "Novenferno" is based off the idea of the 9 circles of Hell and has effects loosely related to each circle. "Judecca" is based off Dante's Satan and is Summoned through the Field Spell (the idea is that you "travel" through the 9 Circles of Hell and then encountering Satan at the ninth circle, frozen in the ice.) I'm not an expert at card making and I didn't put much thought in balancing these, so I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Novenferno, the Burning Abyss 

Field Spell 

Effect:
If you control no other Spell/Trap Cards, you can Special Summon "Burning Abyss" monsters from your hand. Monsters with the same name as monsters Special Summoned by this effect this turn cannot be Special Summoned until the End Phase. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can send one "Burning Abyss" monster you control to the GY instead, but its effect does not activate. Once per turn, you can banish 1 "Burning Abyss" monster in your GY to place 1 Inferno Counter on this card (max. 9). During your opponent's End Phase, place 1 Inferno Counter on this card (max. 9). Once per turn (Quick Effect), you can send 1 "Burning Abyss" monster you control to the GY and apply one of the following effects, depending on the number of Inferno Counters on this card; ●1: All monsters your opponent controls cannot attack, until the End Phase. ●2: Target one monster your opponent controls; take control of it, until the End Phase. ●3: Skip your opponent's next Draw Phase. ●4: Draw 2 cards. ●5: Destroy all cards your opponent controls. ●6: Until your opponent's End Phase, you can negate the effect of one Spell, Trap or monster that your opponent controls. ●7: Special Summon any number of "Burning Abyss" monsters from your GY. They can attack directly this turn, and are unaffected by your opponent's card effects, but banish them during the End Phase. ●8: Reveal your opponent's hand and add 1 card from their hand to your hand. ●9: Remove all Inferno Counters from this card, then Special Summon 1 "Judecca, Dolorous Centre of the Burning Abyss" from your hand, Deck or GY in Defense Position.

Judecca, Dolorous Centre of the Burning Abyss

Effect Monster

Type: Fiend

Attibute: DARK

Level: 12

ATK: 0 DEF: 5000

Effect:
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of "Novenferno, the Burning Abyss". If "Novenferno, the Burning Abyss" is not face-up on your side of the field: destroy this card. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for attacks or card effects. Each time a "Burning Abyss" monster is sent to the GY, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. When this card is sent from the field to the GY: inflict 500 Damage to your opponent for every "Burning Abyss" monster in your GY.  You can only use one of these effects of "Judecca, Dolorous Centre of the Burning Abyss" per turn, and only once that turn:
● You can send one monster you control to the GY (except this card), then return 1 banished "Burning Abyss" monster to your hand. 
● You can send any number of cards from your hand to the GY, and then destroy monsters on the field for each card sent to the graveyard.

I like your thought process though the lack of cost makes the field card a bit OP I personally would add a "remove counters based on the effect" clause in there.

your monster however is broken. That second effect is a god send for many decks not just Burning Abyss. however if used with the intended archetype that equates to roughly an OTK and an overkill at that. Burning abyss endlessly recycle themselves. making that effect once while that monster is on the field is more than enough, since it can't be removed or banished or destroyed by card effects. However that LP damage is far too much as it's effect would activate the "inflict " clause you have there. A kaiju can easy take that out so that isn't the issue, after all it doesn't target or actually "effect" the summon to tribute.. I would make the second effect may a max of three cards to make a fair once per turn. Not to mention making it so the effects of them won't activate if sent in this manner would be a fair cost for such an overpowered effect.

just some friendly thoughts. 

Archived