First Time Making CCs - Armix

BearWho72

I need some help with solidifying what exactly I want the main focus of my custom archetype, "Armix", to be. This is my first time doing any custom card work whatsoever, but I already have a general idea as to how I want it to be. The concept behind it is militarized robot action figures that "mix n' match" to create their boss monsters; most of them are going to be Fusions or XYZs. I also know that it will have a swarming playstyle, as well as being able to equip themselves onto other Armix monsters to give them bonus effects, sorta like ABCs in a way. I just need to iron out the concept and refine it, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I need some help with solidifying what exactly I want the main focus of my custom archetype, "Armix", to be. This is my first time doing any custom card work whatsoever, but I already have a general idea as to how I want it to be. The concept behind it is militarized robot action figures that "mix n' match" to create their boss monsters; most of them are going to be Fusions or XYZs. I also know that it will have a swarming playstyle, as well as being able to equip themselves onto other Armix monsters to give them bonus effects, sorta like ABCs in a way. I just need to iron out the concept and refine it, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

my suggestion is to settle on a central theme of summoning. What i mean is, fusion and xyz are quite a bit different in design, focus and follow through of mechanics. I would recommend a "union" scenario once you hammer that out. Make them equip onto each other to provide effects like inzektors or dragunity did Think something along contact fusion would be a huge boost if you go fusion based (no poly). if you go xyz based, make sure they can fluidly summon each other same turn making it so the unions can be detached from one another would work well as well.

These are my thoughts. Hope they help!

my suggestion is to settle on a central theme of summoning. What i mean is, fusion and xyz are quite a bit different in design, focus and follow through of mechanics. I would recommend a "union" scenario once you hammer that out. Make them equip onto each other to provide effects like inzektors or dragunity did Think something along contact fusion would be a huge boost if you go fusion based (no poly). if you go xyz based, make sure they can fluidly summon each other same turn making it so the unions can be detached from one another would work well as well.

These are my thoughts. Hope they help!

That's...actually what I had in mind. I knew they would be Union monsters, have contact fusions, and would be able to get the materials needed to XYZ summon through swarming. I really just need to look at ways of doing them other than like ABC with their overarching effect(s). I'll give those two archetypes a look. Thanks for the help man!

That's...actually what I had in mind. I knew they would be Union monsters, have contact fusions, and would be able to get the materials needed to XYZ summon through swarming. I really just need to look at ways of doing them other than like ABC with their overarching effect(s). I'll give those two archetypes a look. Thanks for the help man!

If you find you need more answers, feel free to message me. Always happy to help.

inzektors were quite fun to use. Also you should consider your level bracket as weird lvls such as 6 or 9 or 3 rarely see use due to how clunky a lot of duelist find them to be in comparison with 4 or 6 or 8.

Yeah, that's a necessity really with wanting to do XYZ. I'm thinking that it could be mostly lvl 4s, but also a few weirder levels for possible additional plays, like a few lvl 3s and maybe even a limited amount of lvl 7 if I can get it to work well enough.

Going off of levels for a moment here, I have some idea as to what I want their typing to be - either Machines or Warriors - but I have no idea what to do for their attribute. I'm thinking maybe LIGHT, but I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions/advice on that?

Yeah, that's a necessity really with wanting to do XYZ. I'm thinking that it could be mostly lvl 4s, but also a few weirder levels for possible additional plays, like a few lvl 3s and maybe even a limited amount of lvl 7 if I can get it to work well enough.

Going off of levels for a moment here, I have some idea as to what I want their typing to be - either Machines or Warriors - but I have no idea what to do for their attribute. I'm thinking maybe LIGHT, but I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts/opinions/advice on that?

my advice is basically take a look at the current cards of yugioh. LIGHT attributes, DARK..etc...decide how you want your monsters to act based on how each attribute typically works. Decide the attribute  based on the current existing cards. Make sure your cards work well within that attribute that there is a synergy but not an abusable one in combination with them. 

my advice is basically take a look at the current cards of yugioh. LIGHT attributes, DARK..etc...decide how you want your monsters to act based on how each attribute typically works. Decide the attribute  based on the current existing cards. Make sure your cards work well within that attribute that there is a synergy but not an abusable one in combination with them.

I was thinking about that for a while now. My original plan was to have them be LIGHT Machine monsters so they would work with stuff like ABC and Cyber Dragon. I could still do that actually, even without them being Union monsters. Thanks for the advice though, I always appreciate it! Just that little bit of help can do wonders, you know.

Alright, I have a very basic prototype of the main Arnix effect(s) typed up. It's heavily based off of Inzektors, but this is really the second version; the first was based off of Union monsters like the ABCs. This will probably change over time, but this is it for the time being. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on how to improve it or maybe make it a bit more unique then go right ahead. I'm all ears with this.

Once per turn, you can equip one "Armix" or LIGHT Machine Union monster from your hand or GY to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster's Level becomes this card's original Level, also ... While this card is equipped to a monster: You can send this equipped card to the GY ...

you could take existing weapon names and then move the letters around for an anagram naming convention.

My only problem with that is the names might not always sound good or could end up being difficult to pronounce. It would make naming them pretty hard as well just so the names did sound nice. I'll take it into consideration and try it for some, but I'm not very confident that it will work for me.

Archived