Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield

~British Soul~

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gen 8 is a on old card used by Joey Wheeler. Remember this?

41ao8OaVfIL.jpg

That's a bad joke (considering it's the other way around)

The new starters looked with in the trailer, but the official art looks better. I like Sobble and Scorbunny, Grookey looks like a fakemon still. Galar is a play on galant I take it, and seems like England was correct, but is it just me or does it feel Germanic too?

I was getting England and to an extent Scotland vibes as well, but I do agree about it feeling European as well.

That's a bad joke (considering it's the other way around)

I was getting England and to an extent Scotland vibes as well, but I do agree about it feeling European as well.

That's what I felt too.

Kinda wonder what the Gyms are like.

We've been denied a Dark Type Gym for so long. Hopefully this is the one that comes through.

Here's the direct:

I should mention the art style, seems like a mix between Sun and Moon and Let's Go, which I am glad for, I didn't want it to be either or, I was hoping for something that looked radically different, but also realized that would be unlikely since the style has been similar for a while now. I realize that we don't know anything yet, but so far, what is the catch of this game? It's going back to gyms, and that's fine, experimenting in Sun & Moon made the game stand out, it had a lot of experiments to it, and some people really like it, some didn't. Random battles and trainers seem to work like the main series rather than Let's Go. No indication of co-op play, no special kinds of battles, in fact the battles seem like Sun & Moon in general. This is generation 8, it's on the Switch, a main series console for the first time, they obviously won't slack off, but there gotta be a hook besides that, otherwise what's the point?

Here's the direct:

I should mention the art style, seems like a mix between Sun and Moon and Let's Go, which I am glad for, I didn't want it to be either or, I was hoping for something that looked radically different, but also realized that would be unlikely since the style has been similar for a while now. I realize that we don't know anything yet, but so far, what is the catch of this game? It's going back to gyms, and that's fine, experimenting in Sun & Moon made the game stand out, it had a lot of experiments to it, and some people really like it, some didn't. Random battles and trainers seem to work like the main series rather than Let's Go. No indication of co-op play, no special kinds of battles, in fact the battles seem like Sun & Moon in general. This is generation 8, it's on the Switch, a main series console for the first time, they obviously won't slack off, but there gotta be a hook besides that, otherwise what's the point?

And I hope we get some spin-off games:

My wishlist:

Pokemon Let's Go Crystal

Pokemon Let's Go Emerald

Pokemon Let's Go Platinum

Pokemon Conquest 2

Kinda wonder what the Gyms are like.

I'd assume they'll be gym-like  Kappa  . Though the exteriors look similar across the board.

I should mention the art style, seems like a mix between Sun and Moon and Let's Go, which I am glad for, I didn't want it to be either or, I was hoping for something that looked radically different, but also realized that would be unlikely since the style has been similar for a while now. I realise that we don't know anything yet, but so far, what is the catch of this game? It's going back to gyms, and that's fine, experimenting in Sun & Moon made the game stand out, it had a lot of experiments to it, and some people really like it, some didn't. Random battles and trainers seem to work like the main series rather than Let's Go. No indication of co-op play, no special kinds of battles, in fact the battles seem like Sun & Moon in general. This is generation 8, it's on the Switch, a main series console for the first time, they obviously won't slack off, but there gotta be a hook besides that, otherwise what's the point?

I'm sure we'll know more in time, I don't think they want to reveal too much at this early stage.

EDIT: extended thoughts

The art style, certainly looks beautiful, and I'm not saying that because it's a UK-based region, it actually does look good, they certainly look to be pulling all the stops. From what I've seen from the trailer, it does look like a mix between S/M and Let's Go, which I think is a good idea. Let's Go tested the waters for what the Switch games can do and I hope these games deliver. I did enjoy the battle on a football pitch and the trainer donning a jersey and walking onto the pitch, though the one negative for me is the male character's bag, I just don't like how it looks tbph

I'll be honest, I don't really like the designs of these starters. But if I were to narrow it down from the three, the rabbit's my favorite. But I think that's mostly because I like rabbits. Well, they made a region based on France with sprinkles of Europe. Might as well make one based on the U.K.

Also, the titles of those games. Aegislash would be proud.

aegislash_doll_by_bubblegumbloo-d7q71lh.

I just kinda feel Gen 7 was short, there wasn't any remake in it

4 had HGSS and DPPT

6 had ORAS and XY

I guess the odd number gens don't do remakes?

I'd argue Generation 6 was the shortest. Unlike Sun and Moon, it got no follow-up game(s).

See it more like Diamond and Pearl. Generation 4 twice, 2, and 5 twice.

3DS:

Generation 6, 3, and 7 twice.

Sobble is the first water starter I've genuinely liked since Mudkip, Scorbunny makes me uncomfortable with thoughts of THE TYPING but is pretty 90's cool otherwise, and Grookey looks like the bastard lovechild of Chespin and Chimchar.

Inb4 Pokémon based on the Knights of the Round Table, or a Welsh Yyg Draig Goch. Water/Poison tea Pokémon?

I'll be honest, I don't really like the designs of these starters. But if I were to narrow it down from the three, the rabbit's my favorite. But I think that's mostly because I like rabbits. Well, they made a region based on France with sprinkles of Europe. Might as well make one based on the U.K.

Also, the titles of those games. Aegislash would be proud.

aegislash_doll_by_bubblegumbloo-d7q71lh.

I'd argue Generation 6 was the shortest. Unlike Sun and Moon, it got no follow-up game(s).

See it more like Diamond and Pearl. Generation 4 twice, 2, and 5 twice.

3DS:

Generation 6, 3, and 7 twice.

This is fair, I wonder why Pokemon Z got nix'd

I just kinda feel Gen 7 was short, there wasn't any remake in it

4 had HGSS and DPPT

6 had ORAS and XY

I guess the odd number gens don't do remakes?

In terms of Gen length

1: En - 748 days, Jp - 1363 days

2: En - 885 days, Jp - 1096 days

3: En - 1495 days, Jp - 1407 days

4: En - 1412 days, Jp - 1451 days

5: En - 953 days, Jp - 1120 day

6: Both - 1133 days

7: Both - About 1100 days

Gens normally last about 3 years is the main point. With Gen 6 they moved from a game every year to just 2.

Sobble is the first water starter I've genuinely liked since Mudkip, Scorbunny makes me uncomfortable with thoughts of THE TYPING but is pretty 90's cool otherwise, and Grookey looks like the bastard lovechild of Chespin and Chimchar.

Inb4 Pokémon based on the Knights of the Round Table, or a Welsh Yyg Draig Goch. Water/Poison tea Pokémon?

Bunny is likely to be Electric. The Japanese name has the work for spark and given that it looks like it was sparking when it was running at the start of its reveal that makes sense. The source is likely the patch on its skin, the same one thats on its nose is also on its feet.

This is fair, I wonder why Pokemon Z got nix'd

People say it was to give more development time to Gen 7 so it could come out for the 20th.

Bunny is likely to be Electric. The Japanese name has the word for spark and given that it looks like it was sparking when it was running at the start of its reveal that makes sense. The source is likely the patch on its skin, the same one thats on its nose is also on its feet.

That'd be interesting, the first Fire/Electric-type since post-BW Heat Rotom

Bug/Psychic

Bug/Dark (For some reason)

Bug/Ice

Electric/Poison

Electric/Fighting (For some reason)

Electric/Dark

Grass/Fire

Ground/Fighting

Fire/Ice

Fire/Fairy

Fighting/Fairy

Dark/Fairy

Ground/Fairy

Poison/Fairy

Poison/Steel

Poison/Ice

Poison/Psychic

Normal/Ghost

Normal/Ice

Normal/Poison

Normal/Steel?

Normal/Bug

Normal/Rock

that's 23 missing type combos now, we should at least get some of the obvious combos by now like Ground/FIghting, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Poison, Dark/Bug, Ice/Bug, Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Fairy combos

Archived