~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,888 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 07:45 PM
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Bunny is likely to be Electric. The Japanese name has the word for spark and given that it looks like it was sparking when it was running at the start of its reveal that makes sense. The source is likely the patch on its skin, the same one thats on its nose is also on its feet.

That'd be interesting, the first Fire/Electric-type since post-BW Heat Rotom

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Prince

• Survivor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,256 posts
    Last Visit 51 minutes ago
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

Does the word spark have the same definitions in Japanese as it does in English? Because spark can also just mean a fire spark, not necessarily what they meant, especially since you know, it isn't Electric type.

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,986 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:15 AM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dark (For some reason)
Bug/Ice

Electric/Poison
Electric/Fighting (For some reason)
Electric/Dark

Grass/Fire

Ground/Fighting

Fire/Ice
Fire/Fairy

Fighting/Fairy
Dark/Fairy
Ground/Fairy
Poison/Fairy

Poison/Steel
Poison/Ice
Poison/Psychic

Normal/Ghost
Normal/Ice
Normal/Poison
Normal/Steel?
Normal/Bug
Normal/Rock

that's 23 missing type combos now, we should at least get some of the obvious combos by now like Ground/FIghting, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Poison, Dark/Bug, Ice/Bug, Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Fairy combos

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,224 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:01 AM
  • Alias:Broken
What’s ground/fairy?

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
    Last Visit 30 minutes ago
It's on his list of Types that don't exist yet, so apparently nothing if he's done his research.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

Posted Image

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,409 posts
    Last Visit Jul 17 2019 12:43 PM

Ohhh... I just thought of a good pokemon: Gaiarilla! Gaiarilla will be the final form of Grookey.

Here's to Fire Emblem Warriors.
Friend codes:
1. Old model 3ds. ID: [background=#fbfdfe]Pt018: 1091-8739-4118[/background]
[background=#fbfdfe]2. New Model 3ds. ID: Peter: 3523-2301-4923[/background]

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Prince

• Survivor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,256 posts

Saw this thing on Twitter about your favorite starter Pokemon, thought it would be fun to share my own. I only chose them based on their first forms, the list my be different based on their evolves forms, don't really know, but regardless, if you want your own, here's a link to the Twitter thing: https://twitter.com/...341796175613953

iXjTBVP.jpg

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 24,027 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:44 AM

That'd be interesting, the first Fire/Electric-type since post-BW Heat Rotom

Fire/Electric is a cool type and I'd very much want to see it on a Pokemon outside of Rotom forms.

Does the word spark have the same definitions in Japanese as it does in English? Because spark can also just mean a fire spark, not necessarily what they meant, especially since you know, it isn't Electric type.

The attack Spark is Electric. It is written in katakana where as Bunny's is kanji so it might be something different (the word spark does have the kanji for fire), but it could easily be a foreshadow for the evolution.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,888 posts

I'll share mine. All bar Sobble were based on first starter chosen in a new gen.

lSQmcTa.png

Fire/Electric is a cool type and I'd very much want to see it on a Pokemon outside of Rotom forms.

It is a cool type combo and can lead to some interesting designs, though it does have its pitfalls.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Ryusei the Morning Star

Ryusei the Morning Star

• Night's Watch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,986 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:15 AM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

How is Zerora not fighting electric 

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 24,027 posts

I'll share mine. All bar Sobble were based on first starter chosen in a new gen.
lSQmcTa.png

It is a cool type combo and can lead to some interesting designs, though it does have its pitfalls.

I have a ton of different ways I could break mine. Like the first starter I picked would be different from my actual favorite starter of the gen which would be different from my favorite starter given only the first form.

The one I went with though is favorite over all. Gen 7 is obviously still only speculation since the final forms play a much larger roll in how I feel.
zvGAy1d.jpg

It gets grounded down really badly, but it can check water types with STAB and picks up a few more resistances and fire is already the type with the second most. Over all I really like it. Though I'd also be super down for a Fire/Fairy.

It really should have.
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,888 posts

I agree, it should've been

I have a ton of different ways I could break mine. Like the first starter I picked would be different from my actual favourite starter of the gen which would be different from my favourite starter given only the first form.

That's fair. My first choices were generally my favourite factoring final forms into the choices as well, though in a couple of instances, I like more than one final form (gens 3 and 4 for instance)

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 24,027 posts

That's fair. My first choices were generally my favourite factoring final forms into the choices as well, though in a couple of instances, I like more than one final form (gens 3 and 4 for instance)

You know, in thinking about it I've rarely use my favorite first which is really weird when you think about it.

In Gen 1 first starter was Squirtle. People I knew at the time recommend using it so I did. I think I got to the 3rd gym before being like "I really like Charizard. I'm going to start a new game and with Charmander, but not save". At the time though I didn't know the PC auto saved and I used it so I did end up getting to use Charizard.

Gen 2 I was on the Fire train so auto picked it. I might prefer Typhlosion's design to Feraligatr's, but I REALLY like Feraligatr as a Pokemon (thanks Sheer Force). I think I'd also rather use Gatr even without its HA.

I really like all the Gen 4 starters and to mix things up used Turtwig. I'd only used a grass starter once, Bulbasaur in LG, but that is the only time I never played a game through (I just beat FR).

For Gen 5 I've never even used Snivy between my two play throughs. I used Oshawott to use a water starter (I'd only ever played through with Mudkip), and always use the gen's fire starter. I think I might have liked Samurott best at the time but I've both gotten higher on Serperior's design and it's HA is also insane.

Gen 6 I really loved Fennekin (I prefer it to Froakie) and went with my first impression since I still really like Delphox.
cZx2XQg.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,888 posts

You know, in thinking about it I've rarely used my favourite first which is really weird when you think about it.

In Gen 1 first starter was Squirtle. People I knew at the time recommend using it so I did. I think I got to the 3rd gym before being like "I really like Charizard. I'm going to start a new game and with Charmander, but not save". At the time though I didn't know the PC auto saved and I used it so I did end up getting to use Charizard.

Gen 2 I was on the Fire train so auto picked it. I might prefer Typhlosion's design to Feraligatr's, but I REALLY like Feraligatr as a Pokemon (thanks Sheer Force). I think I'd also rather use Gatr even without its HA.

I really like all the Gen 4 starters and to mix things up used Turtwig. I'd only used a grass starter once, Bulbasaur in LG, but that is the only time I never played a game through (I just beat FR).

For Gen 5 I've never even used Snivy between my two play throughs. I used Oshawott to use a water starter (I'd only ever played through with Mudkip), and always use the gen's fire starter. I think I might have liked Samurott best at the time but I've both gotten higher on Serperior's design and it's HA is also insane.

Gen 6 I really loved Fennekin (I prefer it to Froakie) and went with my first impression since I still really like Delphox.

Thinking about it, I didn't really use any of the Gen 1 starters till FRLG (considering I played Yellow, and didn't use the gifted starters), even then I went with Bulbasaur first, though it was Squirtle that reached level 100 (Hell, I even went with Squirtle in XY).

Gen 2 (and the remakes), I was all about Totodile, and its HA is not too shabby either.

Gen 3, even though I picked Mudkip (type-wise for final form), I do like the designs of Blaziken and Sceptile

Gen 4, I will admit I used Infernape last even though I do like its design. Like Mudkip, it was Torterra's typing that drew me to Turtwig.

As for Gen 5, I haven't really used Snivy at all even though it looked cool as-is

Gen 6, I liked Chespin's design though I could not deny how cool Greninja looked, leading me to use it in a subsequent run.

And Gen 7, Litten grew on me very quickly

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,409 posts

Gen 1: Charmander

Gen 2: Totodile

Gen 3: A tie between Treecko and Mudkip

Gen 4: A tie between Turtwig and Chimchar

Gen 5: A tie between Snivy and Oshawott

Gen 6: Froakie

Gen 7: Popplio

Gen 8: Leaning towards Scorbunny

Friend codes:

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,816 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 05:57 AM

Setting mine to blue, but here's mine:

GtKi0xg.jpg

I guess Water's my favorite out of the three types.

Posted Image

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
    Last Visit 30 minutes ago
I'm gonna do something slightly different, because, for some generations at least, the gaps between the starters aren't too huge. They'll be sorted from most loved to least, at least to me, but unless I make commentary, assume that the order can vaguely change with the starter listed before/after it depending on my mood.
1. Charmander (I still have the three-foot plushie I got as a child), Bulbasaur, Squirtle (it took Squirtle Squad and Gary's Blastoise to make me enjoy the line at all)
2. Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita (objectively the worst starter ever designed)
3. Mudkip, Treecko, Torchic (this isn't disparaging Torchic at all, in fact I love it. However, the Hoenn starters are so high quality at every point in their lines that it's kinda ridiculous. Every trio, both before and after, had at least one weak link, but I still have a soft spot for the Hoenn trio in its entirety.)
4. Chimchar (thanks, anime), Piplup, Turtwig
5. Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy
6. Froakie, Fennekin (if I was doing this solely based on their first stages instead of the whole line, Fennekin would be first), Chespin
7. Rowlet, Litten, Popplio
8. Sobble, Scorbunny, Grookey
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

Posted Image

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Prince

• Survivor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,256 posts

Setting mine to blue, but here's mine:

GtKi0xg.jpg

I guess Water's my favorite out of the three types.

Yours just one off from being the same as mine, in fact, Scorbunny is a very close second for me, and I was unsure of which one I should pick, but the rest are the exact same as yours.

Astro Dude

Astro Dude

K-sha fan Number 1

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,409 posts

I have a kind of tradition where for one version I pick one starter...

Sword: Scorbunny

Shield: Sobble

Sword: Restart for Grookey.

Speaking of, anyone else think Wood Hammer will be part of Grookey's moveset?

Friend codes:

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Topic Starter
  • Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,888 posts

1551320551802m.jpg

Gotta love people applying over the top UK accents to the characters seen in the trailers.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users