Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield

~British Soul~

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do get more than 100, hopefully the design quality is good. Again using BW as an example, most of the new pokemon were subpar at best.

Hmmm... Now regarding the E4. Are we going to pick and choose who we fought like in gens 5-7 or fight them one after another like in the first 4 gens.

Fair enough. I hope Gen 8 lasts more than 2 years.

Pokemon Gens tend to last 3.

1: 96-99 (98-00 US)

2: 99-02 (00-03 US)

3: 02-06 (03-07 US)

4: 06-10 (07-11 US)

5: 10-13 (11-13 US)

6: 13-16

7: 16-19

The only time it was shorter is outside of Japan because of how late we got Gen 1 and because we moved to world wide release in Gen 6.

As for the E4, I doubt they'd go back to ordered fights for new regions.

Fair enough. I hope Gen 8 lasts more than 2 years.

It will do. People have been worried 'bout that since gen 6.

Pokemon Gens tend to last 3.

1: 96-99 (98-00 US)

2: 99-02 (00-03 US)

3: 02-06 (03-07 US)

4: 06-10 (07-11 US)

5: 10-13 (11-13 US)

6: 13-16

7: 16-19

For Europe, Gen 2 only lasted 2 years (as well as Gen 1).

1: 99-01

2: 01-03

You never know. Anyway, wanna wager we're gonna get a new Eeveelution?

I don't know what the sales numbers were, but my guess is they weren't good. Between that and the fact that almost no one talks about Conquest I'd be shocked if it got a sequel. 

Even gens have always given Eeveelutions so my money is on it happening. Dragon is the most likely given the theming and the fact that it would round out the special types.

I don't know what the sales numbers were, but my guess is they weren't good. Between that and the fact that almost no one talks about Conquest I'd be shocked if it got a sequel. 

Even gens have always given Eeveelutions so my money is on it happening. Dragon is the most likely given the theming and the fact that it would round out the special types.

Conquest was released before the Fairy-Type could be introduced. It would be nice to see Oichi have her own kingdom in Ransei, and the Jigglypuff like is part Fairy, but hey, we may never know.

My guess is Eevee will either level up while holding a Dragon Fang or Dragon Scale. And Draceon, or Wyrmeon or Drakeon or Drageon or whatever it's called, will probably have an even stat-spread.

My guess is Eevee will either level up while holding a Dragon Fang or Dragon Scale. And Draceon, or Wyrmeon or Drakeon or Drageon or whatever it's called, will probably have an even stat-spread.

I think all, or almost all, evolutions added to old Pokemon were done with mechanics that weren't present until the evolution was introduced. They likely do this for internal logic reasons (why is this Dragon Fang causing Eevee to evolve now when it didn't before) so if they can keep all the ducks in a row they likely will try to. I say try since they've run into issues when adding types to old Pokemon (why is Jigglypuff suddenly immune to Dragon attacks), but game balance trumps flavor so I get why they'd make the sacrifice if they need to. I just don't think they need to for evolutions.

Eeveelutions never have an even stat spread. The core mechanic of them is that they have 1 outstanding stat, 1 really good stat, and 1 good stat with 3 bad stats.

I think all, or almost all, evolutions added to old Pokemon were done with mechanics that weren't present until the evolution was introduced. They likely do this for internal logic reasons (why is this Dragon Fang causing Eevee to evolve now when it didn't before) so if they can keep all the ducks in a row they likely will try to. I say try since they've run into issues when adding types to old Pokemon (why is Jigglypuff suddenly immune to Dragon attacks), but game balance trumps flavor so I get why they'd make the sacrifice if they need to. I just don't think they need to for evolutions.

Eeveelutions never have an even stat spread. The core mechanic of them is that they have 1 outstanding stat, 1 really good stat, and 1 good stat with 3 bad stats.

In that case, Dragon Eevee has to be a glass cannon type.

I dunno, but I'm intrigued whether we'll get something from CoroCoro this month. I know last month's said "Wait for the follow up from CoroCoro", but it gave no indication whether it'd be next issue, or in subsequent issues. Though I've seen people who think we might not get anything this month.

CoroCoro has announced a contest to name a new move in Sword & Shield. This is what we know about it

Type: Steel
Category: Special
Damage/Power: 140
Effect: Does major damage but reduces user's Hit Points by 50%

So yeah, bugger all this month from CoroCoro

The last time we had a contest to name a new move was WAY back in 2006, for Draco Meteor in Diamond & Pearl.

Archived