Banlist Guess for April 2019 List

With the no sooner than April 2nd list being less than a month away now I decided to make my own list to guess what could happen with the list.

Forbidden:

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

A HERO Lives

Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade

Limited:

Danger! Nessie!

Danger!? Jackalope?

Trickstar Lycoris

Thunder Dragon Colossus

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

Sky Striker Ace - Kagari

Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage!

Harpie Feather Duster

Altergeist Protocol

Trickstar Reincarnation

Salamangreat Roar

Semi:

Deepsea Diva

Elemental HERO Stratos

Tour Guide From the Underworld

Super Polymerization

Upstart Goblin

Unlimited:

Book of Moon

With the no sooner than April 2nd list being less than a month away now I decided to make my own list to guess what could happen with the list.

Forbidden:

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon  But why? it hasn't done enough at the top levels to get it put here, it's good, and id deserves to stay at one, but it's not yet worthy of another ban.

A HERO Lives Makes more sense just to keep it at 1. Again, it's good, but  not ban worthy. Besides, it just got hit, hitting it twice in a row would just be rude.

Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade This i agree with. It's gonna have to go at some point. Next list is as good a time as any.

Limited:

Danger! Nessie! Possible

Danger!? Jackalope? Possible

Trickstar Lycoris While trickstars are annoying, they aren't doing enough in the meta to be worth hitting imo. I'd be glad to see the croll and burn build go down, but I doubt it'll get hit to one. maybe two, but not one.

Thunder Dragon Colossus Doubtful. Thunder dragons are good, but they aren't dominating really.  if collosus gets hit, it'll be to two first, the deck isn't powerful enough to warrant a hit to one, and they still have some some support coming in the form of the garbage L4

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity That's a little ambitious., they just killed off a hand loop, bringing back another one, even as weak as it would be in todays format, would not be likely.

Sky Striker Ace - Kagari I can see that

Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage! Either engage OR kagari would get hit to one, both to one would be absolute overkill on the deck.

Harpie Feather Duster Dark hole, raigeki, and slumber exist, having all of those, plus HFD would not be healthy for the game. if HFD comes back, it's likely Raigeki, and possibly dark hole as well, would take it's spot on the banlist.

Altergeist Protocol I could see it going down to two maybe, but multifaker would be the more likely card to get hit here.

Trickstar Reincarnation similar to the sky strikers, either this OR lycoris may get hit, but both getting hit would be overkill. I'd say this has the higher chance overall.

Salamangreat Roar FAR too new, and nowheren ear degenerate enough to get hit, not likely to happen.

Semi:

Deepsea Diva ...Not sure. it'll probably sit where it's at till the next big wave of water support needs to be pushed.

Elemental HERO Stratos Not yet imo. maybe in another format or two, but I can't see it happening just yet. then again, they may use it to help push the new set coming out.

Tour Guide From the Underworld Considering we're supposedly getting cherubini in the new set, or the next main set, i could actually see this happening as well, but i doubt it overall.

Super Polymerization Never.

Upstart Goblin With any amount of dangers already running around in the format? I should hope not.

Unlimited:

Book of Moon I can't remember how, but i recall there being some stupid loop with this to deck people out. i don't think it's viable today, but morphing jar is currently at 1, so i'd rather nobody risk it.. 

that said, can't criticize without sticking my own neck out, so as for what i'd like to see/expect on the next list:

Forbidden

Snek OR Nessie

Azathot OR PK-R.U.M. I actually don't want either of these to get hit, but i know they're a problem competitively, and we really can't have nice things because of that. If they don't get outright banned, then the rum will likely be what gets limited.

Limited

Reincarnation Or live stage

Multifaker

Snek OR Nessie (whomever dodges the hammer)

Semi

Construct

Ignnister

Qliphort Scout

Stratos

Shadow Mist

Scott free

Nobody.

I don't see the next list being all too big. After the last list, there really isn't too much need to shake things up. a lot of cards moved around last time, and the largest complaints were pretty much all addressed by the previous list. hitting much else wouldn't be 

None of the bans barring sword make sense

REDMD is due to abusability with Guardragon Links as any deck using Dragons can effectively use Guardragons to combo out a Crystal Wing with support of REDMD summoning additional Dragons in the process for setup and A HERO Lives was to balance out Stratos at 2 where it stops you from going A HERO Lives into Stratos, Search and summon another Stratos, Search another HERO, Link 2 Stratos into Isolde and then search another Warrior.

Forbidden:

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon - Not even with guardragon interactions this can be reasonable, its fine at 1

A HERO Lives - They just hit it a couple of lists ago and doesnt even warrant a ban at all, Heroes arent (that) relevant

Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade - Absolutely, without hard OPT this just screams for abuse, should ve been hit a while a go now though

Limited:

Danger! Nessie! - Not gonna lie its hard to hit dangers (but they need to do it at some point), interesting picks and must say it probably wont be enough, but its a start

Danger!? Jackalope?

Trickstar Lycoris - Trickstars (as an actual deck) no longer have that impact, but this is one of the more anoying cards and while I dont think it deserves it, I wont complain I hate how linear the (meta builds) deck is

Thunder Dragon Colossus - Shouldnt be hit yet, then again its the only reasonable hit that really hinders the deck, unless they hit other consistency cards instead but this is something that should happen sooner or later.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity - As long as hunter is banned they can have anything they want

Sky Striker Ace - Kagari - Following the OCG (I believe I agree)

Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage! - Seems overkill, I do believe at 2 (combined with 1 kagari) should be fine, the deck will fall out of the meta eventually without being killed in a banlist

Harpie Feather Duster - I would rather have heavy storm, but considering we have raigeki and other stuff I dont see this being released, they didnt with all the Harpie support being released, they wont do it now.

Altergeist Protocol - I agree with comment above, if anything should be hit it should be multifaker, too bad the dck is falling out of the meta and probably wont get any hits, I really hate facing them (or any stun deck for the matter)

Trickstar Reincarnation - Agree, should have go 1 a long time ago, I dont care if the deck is no longer relevant even as rouge

Salamangreat Roar - Too soon, I dont believe this is the right hit yet, for the time being we should see how it evolves in the format, A couple of ideas in the future could be semi limiting wolf and gazelle.

Semi:

Deepsea Diva - Lets leave it at 1, before links it was dangerous, not gonna riot of it happens just think is fine as it is

Elemental HERO Stratos - If thee rumor of someone hating stratos in the company, I believe at 1 will be the most we will have of him for a while.

Tour Guide From the Underworld - BA support comming in DNST should point to this, I dont see it happening though, the deck at this point doesnt need any extra push from konami to be promoted

Super Polymerization - No

Upstart Goblin - Dangers exist, also I am not a fan of cards that promote lazy deckbuilding (Yes, I see it like that), I believe konami thinnks something similar to this as well

Unlimited:

Book of Moon - The fay to day release, didnt happen then, it wont happen now, even if it should years ago.

As Vla1ne said above there isnt much to be addressed this time, outside of Azathot shenanigans (which includes dangers) everything else is relatively fine. I would dare to say Summon Sorc isnt much of a problem anymore thanks to gumblar no longer being in the game, still it should be banned before the orcust support comes in the new set or if needlfiber comes.

Also TCG has to worry about when dark neostorm comes, orcust will have acces to  azathot or True King VFD (which they both pretty much paralizes the opponent for a turn), for the sake of the game something should be done on this. OCG doesnt have neither time thiefs or the PK link to facilitate this

As Vla1ne said above there isnt much to be addressed this time, outside of Azathot shenanigans (which includes dangers) everything else is relatively fine. I would dare to say Summon Sorc isnt much of a problem anymore thanks to gumblar no longer being in the game, still it should be banned before the orcust support comes in the new set or if needlfiber comes.

Also TCG has to worry about when dark neostorm comes, orcust will have acces to  azathot or True King VFD (which they both pretty much paralizes the opponent for a turn), for the sake of the game something should be done on this. OCG doesnt have neither time thiefs or the PK link to facilitate this

OCG needs to go in the opposite direction, Free Dark Matter, ban Gandora, and unban a second Ruler...I'm not getting the hate for REDMD at all

OCG needs to go in the opposite direction, Free Dark Matter, ban Gandora, and unban a second Ruler...I'm not getting the hate for REDMD at all

Neither do I (about REDMD), but I am fine with dark matter being banned if that means we can get back all the rulers (eventually).

I forgot to put in my own address on the game's problems either now or in the future (which again are not many) so I will also add some wishes and while the hits are not to keep the meta in check (directly) they can be considered hits to some engines

Banned:

Outer Enity Azathot

Divine Sword Phoenix Blade

Cannon Soldier

Toon Cannon Soldier

Cannon Soldier MK-2

Amazzoness Archer

Summon Sorceress

Limited:

Danger Nessie

Danger Jackalope

Danger Tsuchinoko

Lonfire Blossom

Babycerasuarus

Alterggeist Multifaker

True King Lithosagm the Disaster

Double Iris Magician

Zoodiac Drident

Saryuya Skull Dread

Sky Striker Ace - Kagari

Pot of Avarice

Terraforming

Trickstar Reincarnation

Semi-Limited

Soul Eating Oviraptor

Miscellaneusaurs

Trickstar Lycoris

Elemental HERO Shadow mist

Speedroid Terrortop

Harmonizing Magician

Qliphort Scout

Thunder Dragon Collosus

Dragonic Diagram

Sky Striker - Mobilize Engage

Card of Demise

Phanteism of the Monarchs

Unlimited:

Destiny HERO Malicious: Not gonna say he did  nothing wrong, but I will say once (if) Summon Sorc gets the ax, I do believe he will be fine, also D hero support in Dark neostrom so...

Inzektor Dragonfly

Book of Moon

I forgot to put in my own address on the game's problems either now or in the future (which again are not many) so I will also add some wishes and while the hits are not to keep the meta in check (directly) they can be considered hits to some engines

Banned:

Outer Enity Azathot I would much rather this be hit than the rank up.

Divine Sword Phoenix Blade How the hell did I forget this one actually. Pretty much a mandatory hit to end the looping problems in warriors.

Cannon Soldier / Amazoness Archer /Cannon Soldier MK-2 /Toon Cannon Soldier  / Why is this still legal? X4 all of these are Pretty much only capable of facilitating OTK/FTKs. 

Summon Sorceress I think it'll get hit, but i'm not sure if it'll get banned before being pushed to 1.

Limited:

Danger Nessie/ Danger Jackalope /Danger Tsuchinoko Pretty reasonable, but it think there'll be at least one ban of the three.

Lonfire Blossom Please god no, I don't want them to hit the plant, but not unreasonable

Babycerasuarus Are dinosaurs doing anything worth hitting them for? i haven't really seen them top too many major events.

Altergeist Multifaker +1 agree

True King Lithosagm the Disaster I now know why you say babycerasaurus to one.

Double Iris Magician Not familiar enough with the deck, gonna have to explain this one to me.

Zoodiac Drident Doubtful, but possible. Its still a really good card, but a test run in the current format wouldn't hurt too much.

Saryuya Skull Dread How did I forget this one on my list? +1 agree.

Sky Striker Ace - Kagari +1 agree.

Pot of Avarice Not yet, I think if it would ever come off, it would be during a format where there's nothing else that really needs to be hit already.

Terraforming I think it's fine at 2, but i could see it going to 1, with field spells always getting better and better.

Trickstar Reincarnation Yeah, best card in the deck. likely gonna get slapped.

Semi-Limited

Soul Eating Oviraptor Considering how good this card is, I can see this.

Miscellaneusaurs If oviraptor goes down, this card should go up.

Trickstar Lycoris Seeing as i just got OTK'd by 3 lycoris, stage, DRoN and a reincarnation yesterday, I fully support hitting this card. 

Elemental HERO Shadow mist Maybe if they move stratos up by 1, but i don't see a need to hit it just yet.

Speedroid Terrortop Possible.

Harmonizing Magician What even is this card?

Qliphort Scout Possible

Thunder Dragon Collosus This would make more sense than hitting it to 1. Weakening the deck, without absolutely killing the consistency.

Dragonic Diagram I can see it, since field spells are seriously good, but where is 

Sky Striker - Mobilize Engage I'm not sure about that.kagari or engage getting hit would do the job completely.

Card of Demise Would they? It's good, but is it that prominent right now?

Pantheism of the Monarchs I would like to see that. Monarchs deserve to have their toys back.

Unlimited:

No real problem with any of these.

Banned:

Outer Enity Azathot I would much rather this be hit than the rank up. 

The existence of the rank up may have an effect on the DARK Xyz monsters future design, I dont see it crazy that konami decides to hit it instead, but yeah for now this card is the problem

Summon Sorceress I think it'll get hit, but i'm not sure if it'll get banned before being pushed to 1.

99% of the decks only use 1, limiting her is pointless

Limited:

Danger Nessie/ Danger Jackalope /Danger Tsuchinoko Pretty reasonable, but it think there'll be at least one ban of the three.

Not a fan dangers so wouldnt care if 1 of them gets the axe, but I do prefer limiting multiple pieces of a deck and hinder its power, rather than baning 1 or 2 cards to make it unplayable, in dangers case my guess was limit since they are fairly new

Lonfire Blossom Please god no, I don't want them to hit the plant, but not unreasonable.

The card is runed at 3 to summon itself 2 more times, that is to me lazy deckbuilding and cheap deckthining, if couldnt summon itseld I wouldn t mind having it at 3, also we have the aromage link comming I believe.

Babycerasuarus Are dinosaurs doing anything worth hitting them for? i haven't really seen them top too many major events.

True King Lithosagm the Disaster I now know why you say babycerasaurus to one.

I am trying to hinder a little the dino engine again without killing it, even they are not part of the current one being used cant have them at, this one is just personal wish

Double Iris Magician Not familiar enough with the deck, gonna have to explain this one to me.

Card is currently banned, I believe pendulum magicians are fine having him back

Terraforming I think it's fine at 2, but i could see it going to 1, with field spells always getting better and better.

It is fine at 2 for now, all that is needed is a tier 1 archetype that can exploit its field spell again, if not now it is something to always have in consideration

Semi-Limited

Soul Eating Oviraptor Considering how good this card is, I can see this.

Miscellaneusaurs If oviraptor goes down, this card should go up.

Tried hinder a little the dino engine, although oviraptor by itslef is too good to stay at 3 anymore

Trickstar Lycoris Seeing as i just got OTK'd by 3 lycoris, stage, DRoN and a reincarnation yesterday, I fully support hitting this card. 

This in combination with reincarnation could obligate the deck to follow a differeent playstyle, glad I am not the only one.

Elemental HERO Shadow mist Maybe if they move stratos up by 1, but i don't see a need to hit it just yet.

Reardless of stratos status, shadow mist has far more uses and its a dark, at 2 i believe is an ideal number, even if heroes dont do much 

Harmonizing Magician What even is this card?

Another card for pendulum magicians, its unlimited but its one of the best playmakers they have, having double iris back and this hit was just for balnce

Thunder Dragon Collosus This would make more sense than hitting it to 1. Weakening the deck, without absolutely killing the consistency.

I do believe it will go to 1 if the deck stays relevant for a while, right now semi limiting is just so players at least think it twice boards with double collosus

Dragonic Diagram I can see it, since field spells are seriously good, but where is 

Considering i brought back the earth true king, this was warranted, diagram still  has cool interactions with true kings, the lack of hard OPT should ve put in the banlist long time ago, again i believe this is the fine ratio, also less consistency to dracos (they can rot for all i care)

Sky Striker - Mobilize Engage I'm not sure about that.kagari or engage getting hit would do the job completely.

I am not trying to kill the deck just hinder it, but if any other hit should be done you could add widow anchor either here or in the limited section

Card of Demise Would they? It's good, but is it that prominent right now?

No, its just personal hate for the decks it boost, though i cant put it to 1 just because of that, its more like balance since we have the new pot stun decks (mostly) have

Pantheism of the Monarchs I would like to see that. Monarchs deserve to have their toys back.

Not at 3 though, I still believe this was poorly designed because only 1 of the effects is OPT, but yeah hving it at a higher nmber could boost them a little

Banned

Gandora X Dragon of Destruction (from 3)

Knightmare Mermaid  (from 3)

Limited

Salamangreat Circle or Gazelle  (from 3)

Armageddon Knight  (from 3)

Dark Grepher  (from 3)

Number 95: Dark Matter Dragon  (from 0)

Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos or Zoodiac Drancia  (from 0)

Upstart Goblin  (from 3)

Sky Striker Mobilize - Engage! (from 2)

Speedroid Terrortop (from 2)

Sangan  (from 3)

Knightmare Goblin (?) (From 0)

Formerly Banned Errata (Firewall? Painful Choice? Last Will, Yata) (From 0)

Semi-Limited:

Elemental Hero Shadow Mist (From 1)

ABC- Dragon Buster (From 1)

Babycerasaurus (From 1)

Nekroz of Unicore (From 1)

Called by the Grave (From 3)

Unlimited:

Elemental Hero Stratos (from 2)

Peformage Damage Juggler (from 2)

Denglong, First of the Yang Zing (from 2)

Spellbook of Knowledge (from 2)

Super Polymerization (from 2)

Union Hanger (from 2)

I have no idea how close this will be, but I tried to hit upon most things plaguing the format at the moment 

Archived