New Archetype: Defenders (written)

PlacetMihi

Archetype: Defenders

Based on the video game series Ace Attorney

Defender of Rising Flame

Lv4 1800/1200

Warrior/Effect

If this card is summoned: You can add "Objection!" from your deck to your hand. If "Objection!" resolves while this monster is on the field: You can send 1 monster your opponent controls to the GY.

Defender of Shining Prophet

Lv3 1700/1100

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Defender" monster from your hand or GY. If "Objection!" resolves while this monster is on the field: You can destroy 1 S/T card your opponent controls.

Defender of Wise Warrior

Lv3 1600/1000

Warrior/Effect

If you control a "Defender" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only Special Summon "Defender of Wise Warrior" this way once per turn.  If you control another "Defender" monster, this card's original ATK becomes 1700. If "Objection!" resolves while this monster is on the field: You can shuffle 1 random card from your opponent's hand into the deck.

Defender's Rival of Heavenly Sword

Lv5 2000/1400

You can Special Summon this card by banishing 2 "Defender" cards from your GY.  You can only Special Summon "Defender's Rival of Heavenly Sword" this way once per turn.  If "Objection!" resolves while this monster is on the field: You can draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.

Objection!

Quick-Play Spell

If your opponent activates a card or effect while you control a "Defender" monster with 1700 or more original ATK: You can negate that card or effect, and if you do, destroy that card. If you take damage, or if a card you control leaves the field by battle or a card effect (except the turn this card was sent to the GY): You can add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Objection!" once per turn.

This is my first post.  If I have made any mistakes, or if my design has room for improvement, please correct me.

-PlacetMihi

I like it. The theme is pretty cool and original. I like the execution as well. I am not sure how well a pure defender deck would fare in the current meta, as I'm not up to date anymore, but I can see how strong and yet balanced the cards are. They do lack a bit of synergy, but nothing dramatic to be honest.

Cool archetype, I do like the idea and the execution is pretty good, but I think that it has 2 small problems, battle survivability and kill power. battle survivability because most of these monsters can just be run over by Danger or some salamangreat and this archetype doesn't have access to consistency tools like duality or demise to get mirror shield or other similar battle destruction protection, even if you have access to extravagance.  This wouldn't be a problem but I realized that Isolde is important in building this deck, even though something tells me this deck is more anti-meta than meta.

I forgot about my other point though which was that this deck doesn't have kill power. Anyways, this archetype just doesn't seem like it has access to a kill option like salamangreats, and gives your opponent time to come back. But this is still a great archetype and I think it is really well made.(This archetype should probably be moved to advanced multiples.) 

Archived