[RIRA] The Stamping of The Normal

(How is this thing up on ygopro already?!)

It's interesting.  It's a card that you would actually prefer to use on your turn, but it isn't restrictive to only working on your turn.  Catching an opponent off-guard with this would definitely be fun, but I'm thinking maybe 8 times out of 10 I'd rather have a Set Torrential Tribute over it.

As an aside, how many main phase monster nuke trap cards are there now?  I know there's This, Torrential Tribute, Blind Obliteration... anything else?

Any deck running big boys consistently is pretty much built for this. Things like blue eyes and dinosaurs have some really big monsters that generally aren't immune to things like torrential, but would survive this where most other things on the board would die, even against decks that  summon big monsters this could be used to reduce the damage when they drop monsters capable of handling your field, while saving your own big monsters, this card is really interesting. A more versatile form of torrential tribute. I doubt it'll be meta relevant, but it's something that'll make casual play, like table and tag duels, all the more interesting.

Archived