My thoughts on the Pokemon Let's Go Games.

Astro Dude

I recently beat Pokemon Let's Go Eevee and I say it's like Corrin in Fire Emblem Fates Revelations. Middle road.

First of all, since this was a remake of Gen 1's Yellow I was expecting nothing different. But after I got Eevee I started my adventure, expecting nothing special just route 1 filled with Pidgey and Rattata, but then something caught my attention: I found a Bellsprout. I thought "I shouldn't get a Bellsprout this early!" So I checked Serebii.net and discovered all the pokemon locations had been changed, well most anyway. I kinda thought the game was being nice to me, giving me a Grass-type early considering Brock's Gym uses rock types. I played through the game as normal, catching a few new pokemon for my team, battling, etc.

During my visit to Cerulean Gym I noticed there were three bikini girls, as opposed to just a female camper and male swimmer. I battled each of them and noticed something odd yet familiar about the names they were given. The first one was Lily, the second Violet and the third Daisy. I'm kinda glad Gamefreak learned their lesson from Yellow as this is how you make a reference from the anime correctly.

Another unique mechanic I noticed is there are no HM's but your partner knows HM-esque moves, and they're not part of your partners moveset, meaning you can use them freely. This was a change I liked. What I didn't like were requirements for certain gyms, the movesets being re-tweaked (Though having all three Legendary Birds use Sky Attack is nice), and needing a Nintendo membership just to trade.

I remember fondly that after beating Erika, I could access the Power Plant, and acquire Zapdos, which was a key member of my team.

Speaking of, My team at game's end was Eevee, Nidoking, Blastoise, and the three Legendary Birds. Zapdos had amazing stats, Articuno and Moltres only had Great stats.

So while Pokemon Let's go had things I liked there were things I didn't. So I gave my thoughts on this game, what are yours? 

Archived