Red-Eyes Alternative Black Metal Dragon (Balerdroch for the Archetype of Potential? YES please)

Black D'Sceptyr

Alternate topic sub-title: Biggest Capitalization on Lackluster Support since Void Feast

dd3c9sr-74971e56-189e-471a-af9e-596826b2

[spoiler=Red-Eyes Alternative Black Metal Dragon: Info]

DARK/Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 8/2800 ATK/2400 DEF

Lore: 1 Level 7 "Red-Eyes" monster + 1 Level 1 Dragon monster

While this Fusion Summoned card is on the field, all monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK for each Trap in your GY. When a Trap is activated, or when your opponent activates a Spell or monster effect while you control a face-up "Red-Eyes" Trap (Quick Effect): You can apply 1 of these effects (but you cannot apply that effect for the rest of the turn.) 
• Negate that activation, and if you do, this card gains 1400 ATK until the End Phase.
• Set 1 Trap from either player's GY to your field, but banish it when it leaves the field.

Sets up Traps rather liberally, (good thing there's no direct link to stuff I made before that might make up for this card not needing Metalmorph to Summon) decent base that gets even bigger if you decide to use the negation effect, and it rusts your opponent's frontline right up. 

Plus, Black Stone of Ancients, the Black Metal Dragon, and the Guardragon you'll likely be playing alongside all this will ensure this comes out easily. And the Red-Eyes Traps will only further that cause, Red-Eyes Return especially.

Good thing it's not a Dragon, though; this with Darkness Metal would have definitely been grounds (well, more so than the Agarpain loops) for ensuring that Doctor Red, even on this end of the pond, would be quickly....

ban_hammer_pixel__by_bdsceptyr-dcgbd8a.g

Until the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

Shouldn't the other Fusion Material just be a Red-Eyes monster plus any Machine instead of a Level 1 Dragon? You could send something like Electromagnetic Turtle to the GY since Black Metal Dragon doesn't give a benefit if it goes from the Deck to the GY.

Red-Eyes Fusion does benefit from materials from the Deck, but it is not the only place it grabs Fusion Materials from, alas. I am open for options on how to make it work with Red-Eyes Fusion. I suppose the question is-besides Electromagnetic Turtle, were there any generic Machines you had in mind for this card to use as material?

I did show my three intended Dragon monsters, Larvalaur and Guardragon of the World Chalice as potential mill targets for this as setup for next turn (like Meteor Black Comet Dragon does with Mana Dragon Zirnitron) 

Archived