When Tinkering goes too far... [Mass Archetype Mix - Chapter 3]

Hello, fine peoples!

Haven't done one of these is a bit, so I decided to play around with an idea that had been knocking around my head for a while.

Without further ado, here's the Deck!

2xs9luv.png

[spoiler=Decklist (because 'pro isn't rendering all the cards for some reason)]

Monsters (39)

1 Neos

1 Flamvell Guard

2 B.E.S. Blaster Cannon Core

1 Mare Mare

1 Amazoness Queen

1 Meklord Army of Wisel

1 Meklord Army of Granel

1 Don Zaloog

1 Dark Jeroid

2 Worm Yagan

2 Vision HERO Vyon

1 Trap Reactor Wifi

3 Neo Space Connector

1 Expressroid

1 Firewall Guardian*

3 Mixeroid

1 Genex Ally Birdman

3 Amazoness Princess

2 Nordic White Goat (Tanngrisner)

2 Nordic Black Goat (Tanngnjostr)

1 Aqua Dolphin

2 Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion*

3 Arcana Force Fool

2 Reptilianne Naga

Spells (6)

1 Poly

1 RotA

1 Foolish

3 Urgent Schedule

Trap (1)

1 Amazoness Onslaught

Extra (15)

1 Starving Venom*

1 Yazi

1 Dawn Dragster

1 Red Wyvern

1 Catastor

1 Exciton Knight

1 Borrelsword

1 Knightmare Unicorn

1 Knightmare Phoenix

1 Isolde

1 Knightmare Cerberus

1 Needlefiber

1 Underclock Taker

1 Linkuriboh

1 Salamangreat Almiraj

So what the heck is this deck?

I decided to take EVERY archetype of Rank10ygo's "Legacy of the Worthless" series and cram them into one deck!  Every archetype is represented... sorta.  The cards that are starred above are ones that I took a bit of liberty with: Firewall Guardian is supposed to be the "Guardian" representative, O-Lion is the "Phantom Beast" representative, and Starving Venom is the "Venom" representative.

So how does the deck work?  Short answer, it doesn't.  While the deck's win rate increased with each iteration, my duels have been specifically after asking people to use their worst decks which ranged from Dark Magician, to Red Dragon Archfiend, to Desperado Barrel Dragon.  Admittedly, at this point, it can beat the worst decks fairly consistently, but facing an archetype that has ANY substance and this deck falls apart.

[spoiler=Extra Details]

The deck usually focuses on simple spam and beatdown with the Extra Deck largely being used to out problems.  The key cards of the deck are probably as follows.  Urgent Schedule is the best opening card, though the BES is really good on its own.  The Neos cards are a quick and dirty Knightmare/Isolde.  Amazoness Onslaught is the best card to out troublesome cards.  Genex Birdman is probably the MVP of the deck; I believe every time I got to Special Summon it I won.  It simply opens up so much value by either going into Yazi or Dawn Dragster.

Out of all the archetypes, the ones whose cards I didn't really use were: Don Zaloog (Self-explanatory), Starving Venom (because I never got the right stuff on the field, even though grabbing Poly was pretty easy), and Flamvell Guard (never really drew it, but it isn't super helpful one way or another.  Might replace it and Red Wyvern with the Flamvell Sync-6 to cut stuff down). Foolish Burial is a bit of a holdover card, but I might keep it if I decide to use Destrudo.

Thank you for looking through this nightmare of a mix!

Until next time!

Archived