[Written] Pot of Seer

Peter Rose

Normal Spell Card

Excavate the top 3 cards of your deck, if any of them be Monsters add them to your hand; you cannot activate their effects or Normal Summon/Set them during the turn you activate this card. Also, after that, shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Seer" per turn.

So it adds up to 5 monsters from the top of your Deck to hand. That is a very powerful effect. The restriction is similar to Sangan/Witch of the Black Forest, making the monsters really difficult to use. However, there are a few key cards that this would really work well with: handtraps, monsters that have Special Summon effects that don't start a chain (Photon Thrasher, Kaijus, etc.), and Exodia.

While I cannot think of a deck that would actively break this, some things like Psy-frames and Burning Abyss immediately jump to mind as decks that could really use this to great benefit.

While Exodia still wouldn't be consistent with this card, it'd be the only deck I can think of that would actively be able to run both this and Pot of Extravagance: a pretty significant combo.

Overall, while interesting in concept (kinda a reverse anime Kuribandit), a card that on average will + way more often than - is pretty dangerous. I'd strongly recommend cutting it down to excavating 3 to prevent the giant swings in advantage.

So it adds up to 5 monsters from the top of your Deck to hand. That is a very powerful effect. The restriction is similar to Sangan/Witch of the Black Forest, making the monsters really difficult to use. However, there are a few key cards that this would really work well with: handtraps, monsters that have Special Summon effects that don't start a chain (Photon Thrasher, Kaijus, etc.), and Exodia.

While I cannot think of a deck that would actively break this, some things like Psy-frames and Burning Abyss immediately jump to mind as decks that could really use this to great benefit.

While Exodia still wouldn't be consistent with this card, it'd be the only deck I can think of that would actively be able to run both this and Pot of Extravagance: a pretty significant combo.

Overall, while interesting in concept (kinda a reverse anime Kuribandit), a card that on average will + way more often than - is pretty dangerous. I'd strongly recommend cutting it down to excavating 3 to prevent the giant swings in advantage.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll change it to 3 cards instead of 5. For the record, this card originally is meant to be a alternative to Pot of Duality.

Archived