[RIRA] Defender of the Netherworld Labyrinth

D3rmIxoV4AMRnir.jpg?w=1050&ssl=1

Defender of the Netherworld Labyrinth

EARTH

Link: DL, DR

Warrior/Link/Effect

2 Normal Monsters

Non-Effect Monsters you control gain 500 ATK, also Effect Monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK. If this card is destroyed by your opponent: You can target 1 Non-Effect Monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only activate this effect of "Defender of the Netherworld Labyrinth" once per turn.

ATK/1400 LINK-2

Rescue rabbit has better usages. This is pretty garbage

Tianwei, Metalfoes, and Phantasm Spiral, however....

And I would like to point out that ALL TOKENS COUNT AS NORMAL MONSTERS.

Seriously though, it's like Vanillas are getting all the love now. And Tokens. Especially with that Effect Monster drain specifically targeting your opponent. It's niche but the nice type of niche. 

Speaking of nice, 6.9/10. 

Tianwei, Metalfoes, and Phantasm Spiral, however....

Main deck monsters are not Normal

Outdated, and prefer to be used as scales, also Electrumite is better for the deck, and finally, how are you getting MF monsters in the grave

Literally who? Also they play protect the castle, they don't need slow removal like this guy

Most vanilla user decks have better options, but most is not all so for those that can't use Electrumyte and whatnot, this sounds alright.
It does not weaken your own effect monsters nor does it give +ATK to opponent vanillas so, there's at least that. Maybe you could go Scapegoat > Ragna, combos and such for the heck of it.

I like the throwback to Metal Raiders cards, if nothing else, but when is my Link Mystic Tomato coming out Konami?

Archived