[DANE - TCG] Muddy Mudragon

Muddy Mudragon

lv 6 DARK

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card can be used as a substitute for any 1 Fusion Material whose name is specifically listed on the Fusion Monster Card, but the other Fusion Material(s) must be correct. You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, for this use monsters you control as Fusion Material, including this card. You can only use this effect of “Muddy Mudragon” once per turn.

ATK/500 DEF/2200

Source

Seems cute on paper, but the more I think about it, the more I have to wonder if it's worth dedicating a spot in the Extra Deck for this (as well as Tuners in the Main Deck to Synchro Summon it) when even Poly would be sufficient enough.  Sure, this lets you get around Spell negation effects, but other than that, is there a merit to using this that I'm missing?  Also, the 2nd effect should've been a Quick Effect, imo.

Unfortunately, this card is smack-dab in the middle of a Catch-22.
1. Any Deck that wants an alternative, Synchro-based method of getting out their Fusions tends to already have Fusion shortcuts (Lunalights, Shaddolls, Gem-Knights, etc.)
2. And any Deck that is Synchro-based, but wants to splash Fusions in, tends to be tight on the Extra Deck space.
The only use I can immediately see is the fact that it is a LV6 DARK Dragon Synchro, which would be great for Resonators...if Red Rising Dragon didn't already exist and fill that spot MUCH better.

Archived