[Written] Battlewasp - Gae Bulg the Lancer

Thomas★Zero

Battlewasp - Gae Bulg the Lancer

WIND

Link: D

Insect/Link/Effect

1 non-Link Insect monster

Once per turn: you can target 1 Insect monster you control; the targeted monster is treated as a Tuner monster until the End Phase this turn. During your Main Phase: you can Special Summon 1 Insect monster from your hand or GY, and if you do, it gains the following effect until the End Phase this turn.

* If this card battles a Defence Position monster, inflict doubled piercing battle damage.

During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot summon monsters from your Extra Deck except Insect monsters. You can only activate this effect of "Battlewasp - Gae Bulg the Lancer" once per turn.

ATK/1000 LINK-1

Hmm, rather interesting. A Link-1 Insect! Bold. 

Here's the thing-basically every Insect Deck will run three of these, if only to get that gangbusters second effect off. Doubled piercing becomes insane when the Weevil Legacy cards or Digital Bugs come calling, and being able to make Tuners out of everything will mainly serve to make even more busted plays. If there's any Type that deserves it, however....

I suppose my main concern would be that this feels a bit...Spartan? I mean, it's a straight-up ladder boss, but that is properly limited. It feels like it'd be the natural yet overly expected part of the Insect player's strategy without much thought given. Especially with Greatfly. 

But that might be nitpicking. Your card is amazing, and I can only hope that more such mini-Archetypes get the love that Battlewasps apparently are.

Archived