[Written] Armed Dragon

Thomas★Zero

Armed Dragon

lv 5 WIND

Dragon/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing 1 Dragon monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can discard 1 card from your hand; target 1 card on your opponents side of the field, destroy the targeted card. If this card is destroyed by battle, or if this card in its owner's control is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Armed Dragon" monster from your hand or Deck, except "Armed Dragon", ignoring its Summoning conditions.

ATK/2400 DEF/1700

I would choose either destroy by battle or card effect, not both, especially since you can ignore the summoning conditions of the next monster your going to summon. Depending on the archetype monsters you have in the deck it could lead to a game ending monster instantly.

I would choose either destroy by battle or card effect, not both, especially since you can ignore the summoning conditions of the next monster your going to summon. Depending on the archetype monsters you have in the deck it could lead to a game ending monster instantly.

Under normal circumstances, that could be true.  However, I assume this card is made in reference to "Silent Swordsman" and "Silent Magician", both of which have the same effect.

Anyways, as for the card, the most dangerous thing this tutors is Dark Armed Dragon, but since this card itself is WIND, you'd have to build your deck in a very weird way to get maximum benefit from DAD, so I think this card is fine in today's game as a whole.  In terms of the text, the only thing I see that needs fixing is the quick effect.  You just need to put the target part before the semicolon.

One issue and one issue only: You forgot the Armed Dragon that isn't an Armed Dragon, "Hardened Armed Dragon", whose name is the result of a mistranslation. Other than that, it's pretty bog-standard LV support that can also drop DAD if you so desire. LV 10 being a Lightning Vortex on a Blue-Eyes body isn't even particularly noteworthy, but I'll mention it because no one else has.

One issue and one issue only: You forgot the Armed Dragon that isn't an Armed Dragon, "Hardened Armed Dragon", whose name is the result of a mistranslation.

I was actually gonna mention that, but apparently rule-wise Hardened Armed Dragon has an errata stating it isn't an Armed Dragon, so I don't think this needs a text fix on that front.

Archived