7 replies to this topic

Sup0sitwar

Sup0sitwar

Fresh Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Hello! Since I really liked ben 10 I'm planning on creating ben 10 inspired cards on Yu-Gi-Oh! named as "Omnitrix" cards. Let me explain the concept quickly : The objective is to have a very versatile deck, a deck which can adapt on the most situations as possible. And the deck is based on a field spell card named "Omnitrix Portal" and, of course, a very long list of monsters. These monsters can reveal their true powers only if there is only one monster on your field. With the help of omnitrix portal, you can add the monster from your deck to your hand, so you can adapt your strategy easily. 

Since english is not my main language, I may had some mistakes in the description of the cards, I'm sorry about that. Let me know your thoughts about this archetype and the first cards I'm gonna show you! ^^

Omnitrix Portal (Field Spell card)

Ben Tennyson, Owner of the Omnitrix

EARTH / lvl 1 / ATK 300 / DEF 300
[Warrior / Effect]

Omnitrix - Wildmutt

EARTH / lvl 4 / ATK/1700 / DEF 1300
[Beast / Effect]

Omnitrix - Fourarms

EARTH / lvl 6 / ATK 2000 / DEF 1800
[Beast-Warrior / Effect]

Omnitrix - Grey Matter

EARTH / lvl 2 / ATK 200 / DEF 200
[Reptile / Effect]

Omnitrix - XLR8

WIND / lvl 4 / ATK 1600 / DEF 700
[Dinosaur / Effect]

Omnitrix - Upgrade

LIGHT / lvl 3 / ATK 900 / DEF 1300
[Cyberse / Effect]

Omnitrix - Diamondhead

LIGHT / lvl 8 / ATK 2800 / DEF 2500
[Rock / Effect]

Omnitrix - Ripjaw

WATER / lvl 3 / ATK 1200 / DEF 1300
[Fish / Effect]

Omnitrix - Stinkfly

WIND / lvl 2 / ATK 700 / DEF 600
[Insect / Effect]

Omnitrix - Ghostfreak

DARK / lvl 1 / ATK 0 / DEF 0
[Fiend / Effect]

Omnitrix - Heatblast

FIRE / lvl 4 / ATK 1800 / DEF 1100
[Pyro / Effect]

Omnitrix - Cannonbolt

EARTH / lvl 7 / ATK 1100 / DEF 2700
[Beast / Effect]

Omnitrix -Wildvine

EARTH / lvl 3 / ATK 1500 / DEF 1300

[Plant / Effect]

Omnitrix - Blitzwolfer

DARK / lvl 5 / ATK 1800 / DEF 1700

[Beast / Effect]

Omnitrix - Snare-Oh

DARK / lvl 3 / ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

[Zombie / Effect]

Omnitrix Counter Attack (Spell)

Omnitrix Fury (Quick Spell)

Omnitrix Equalizer ( Continuous Trap)

Guduss

Guduss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:08 AM

Before I give you my honest critique on your Archetype, are there any Extra Deck monsters for this Archetype. And if there are, what types of Extra Deck monsters would you have?

Sup0sitwar

Sup0sitwar

Fresh Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

@Guduss there will be some Xyz monsters yes. Like in "Ben 10 Ultimate Alien" ben uses his normal transformations to upgrade them and transform into a better version, there will be some Xyz monsters that will use the normal version and another condition to be summoned. But less than 10, compared to the number of normal monsters, it's nothing.

If you want to know excatly how they will have to be summoned, you will need 2 things.

1) You need the card "Ultimatrix Portal" to be on the field. It is a continuous spell card that can be only activated if "Omnitrix Portal" is on the field.

2) You need the "normal version" of the monster on your field. For example, if I have "Ultimatrix Portal" and "Omnitrix - Wildmutt" on my field, I can use Wildmutt to Xyz summon "Omnitrix - Ultimate Wildmutt".

I also updated the post with new monsters if you want to check them out too.

Guduss

Guduss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
Here's my thoughts on your cards:

1. Omnitrix Portal - Instead of having the effect being that the card is unaffected, why not have the card effect that your monsters are unaffected as long as there is an "Omnitrix" monster on the field? Also if you add an effect that allows you Special Summon an "Omnitrix" monster from your Deck that is a different Level than an "Omnitrix" monster on the field, I think this card can increase the playing field.
2. Omnitrix - Wildmutt - Good effect as it is and its Type matches perfectly with the original alien.
3. Omnitrix - Fourarms - You could change its effect where it can attack all opponent's monsters once per turn.
4. Omnitrix - Grey Matter - Good as it is but change to where when the monster is destroyed and this monster is returned to your field, make it gain the ATK that monster lost and its effect(s), if it had any.
5. Omnitrix - XLR8 - Good as it is.
6. Omnitrix - Upgrade - The monster itself is incredibly, with its effects and everything. But what about an Extra Deck strategy that is kinda like how "Masked Hero" monsters are Summoned from the Extra Deck? The monster that is Summoned from this monster and the monster that is equipped to it is Upgrade but with the Attribute of the equipped monster. Kinda similar to the "Shadoll" Fusion monsters. Just Tribute Upgrade while it has a monster equipped to it and, boom!, Fusion monster on the field.
7. Omnitrix - Diamondhead - Good
8. Omnitrix - Ripjaw - I would take out the last effect and increase the DEF by 200 to 700.

These are just suggestions for how you can make this archetype even more powerful. Also, last suggestion, make Alien X a Link monster.

Sup0sitwar

Sup0sitwar

Fresh Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thank you for your reviews! 

1. Omnitrix Portal - Instead of having the effect being that the card is unaffected, why not have the card effect that your monsters are unaffected as long as there is an "Omnitrix" monster on the field? Also if you add an effect that allows you Special Summon an "Omnitrix" monster from your Deck that is a different Level than an "Omnitrix" monster on the field, I think this card can increase the playing field.

I did put this effect for Omnitrix Portal instead of the Omnitrix monsters because this card is really important for the archetype, and some of the Omnitrix monsters can protect themselves. I thought of the idea of Special Summon from the deck too, but I thought it might be a little broken. Also in "Ben 10" even if the Omnitrix has like millions of different aliens registered, he can only use a few of them with "prepared lists" of 10 aliens. I wanted to illustrate it : the deck is the full list, and the hand is the accessible list. But I didn't throw the idea of Special Summon from the deck, actually I prepared a monster who can do it.

3. Omnitrix - Fourarms - You could change its effect where it can attack all opponent's monsters once per turn. 

That was the original idea, but I prepared a monster with the same effect, and since I think it suits the other monster better, I changed Fouramrs's effect.

4. Omnitrix - Grey Matter - Good as it is but change to where when the monster is destroyed and this monster is returned to your field, make it gain the ATK that monster lost and its effect(s), if it had any.

I don't really like the ATK bonus part but I think the effect gain might be good, I'll think about it.

6. Omnitrix - Upgrade - What about an Extra Deck strategy that is kinda like how "Masked Hero" monsters are Summoned from the Extra Deck? The monster that is Summoned from this monster and the monster that is equipped to it is Upgrade but with the Attribute of the equipped monster.

I like this idea of Fusion monster! Actually I thought about something like this it first, but quickly changed my mind, but I think it could be great to think about it again.

8. Omnitrix - Ripjaw - I would take out the last effect and increase the DEF by 200 to 700.

I thought Ripjaw's effects needed a counterpart but maybe it isn't powerfull enough to make one, I don't know. 

I'm planning on add at least 13 more monsters during the next week! If someone knows how to do the "Hide/Show" thing I saw in some of others's posts, I would like to see it so I can avoid  this topic to become the "scroll master" topic.

Sup0sitwar

Sup0sitwar

Fresh Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

New Update with 5 new monsters : Stinkly, Ghostfreak, Heatblast, Cannonbolt, and Ben Tennyson.

Guduss

Guduss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

I really don't have much to say about the new cards. Just to say, they match pretty well to the TV show. Although, I have to say that some monster's ATK are pretty low as well as the DEF. But I guess you're having as support of a Deck that is not entirely "Omnitrix" monsters.

Sup0sitwar

Sup0sitwar

Fresh Member

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Update 3 : I added 3 new monsters (Wildvine, Blitzwolfer, and Snare-Oh) as well as 2 spell cards and 1 trap card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users