[CP19] Gingerbread House

D5fq7PhUYAAaSZq.jpg?w=680&ssl=1

Gingerbread House

Continuous Spell Card

During your opponent’s Standby Phase: You can have all monsters your opponent controls gain 600 ATK, then destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible with 2500 or more ATK, and if you do, gain 500 LP for each monster destroyed. You can only activate this effect of "Gingerbread House" once per turn.

Oh look, another card they can use for the Advent Calendar! It's a bit of a shame that they have to rely on cards that sometimes don't really feel like they belong, but this one fits for sure! Kind of a weird card to reveal in May, but you know, who says you can't use gingerbread in May?

Anyway, this house has lips. I just noticed that, and now I can't think of anything else. Uhm, well, I was going to say that I was wondering what the effect has to do with a gingerbread house, only thing that makes sense is the LP gain, since a lot of food related cards tend to make you gain LP, though how the ATK gain and destruction of the opponent's monsters play into it, I don't really know. As for it's usefulness, well it relied on your opponent already having monsters on the field, then you have to make them get over 2500, and the rest get to keep their ATK, so it's kind slow and messy unfortunately, but at least it's a Continuous Spell, so you can keep using it I suppose.

Oh look, another card they can use for the Advent Calendar! It's a bit of a shame that they have to rely on cards that sometimes don't really feel like they belong, but this one fits for sure! Kind of a weird card to reveal in May, but you know, who says you can't use gingerbread in May?

Anyway, this house has lips. I just noticed that, and now I can't think of anything else. Uhm, well, I was going to say that I was wondering what the effect has to do with a gingerbread house, only thing that makes sense is the LP gain, since a lot of food related cards tend to make you gain LP, though how the ATK gain and destruction of the opponent's monsters play into it, I don't really know. As for it's usefulness, well it relied on your opponent already having monsters on the field, then you have to make them get over 2500, and the rest get to keep their ATK, so it's kind slow and messy unfortunately, but at least it's a Continuous Spell, so you can keep using it I suppose.

In a general sence this card is intended to take down big monsters where all you need is your opponent to have a monster with 1900+ ATK for this to destroy it making not that difficult for this to be effective where the added LP gain tends to help when also dealing with lower ATK monsters which after gaining ATK don't hit that 2500 ATK margin but hopfully you would have some form of offense/defence to wall it off by that time.

Uhm, well, I was going to say that I was wondering what the effect has to do with a gingerbread house, only thing that makes sense is the LP gain, since a lot of food related cards tend to make you gain LP, though how the ATK gain and destruction of the opponent's monsters play into it, I don't really know.

I think its effect makes perfect sense tbh. At least, if you put it in context of the fairy tale.

Opponent monsters gain ATK = eating the gingerbread house.

2500+ ATK = Overstuffed person

Self-destruction = witch cooking said person.

LP Gain = nourishment for the witch.

It's honestly a bit weird to see a Continuous Spell with a destruction effect. I'ma reserve judgment on the card, but I know I'll have some fun trying it out.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just saw its timing. Nvm, the card sucks. Still unique though. I still dig the flavor.

I wasn’t expecting this tbf, on the other hand at least all of DM’s 4/5 slots aren’t to do with the big five.

Kind of a weird card to reveal in May, but you know, who says you can't use gingerbread in May?

You say that, but the set comes out in two weeks and there are a few cards yet to be revealed.

Ah. Here's another one of Leon's cards. Doesn't relate to Golden Castle, but that's okay. I really don't have too many feasible scenarios that I'd use it with though, since most of my opponent's stuff is 1800 tops. Only about one or two of the monsters might be destroyed by this. But regardless, it's nice. Tells me that the stuff from Battles of Legends is where Leon's cards end. Who knows? Maybe we can get the Little Red Riding Hood-related cards.

Archived