[Written] Raul The Immortal Dragon

Peter Rose

Name: Raul The Immortal Dragon

Type: Monster

Attribute: Light

Effect/Dragon

Level: 8

ATK/DEF: 3000/2500

Cannot be banished. If you or your opponent gain LP, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY). You can only use each of the following effects of "Raul The Immortal Dragon" once per turn.

● If Special Summoned the way mentioned above: All monsters your opponent currently control lose 1000 ATK.

● If this card is destroyed by battle; gain LP equal to this card's original ATK.

First I would like to fix the PSCT.

Cannot be banished. If you or your opponent gain LP, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand or GY). You can only use each of the following effects of "Raul The Immortal Dragon" once per turn.
● If Special Summoned the way mentioned above: All monsters your opponent currently control lose 1000 ATK.
● If this card is destroyed by battle; gain LP equal to this card's original ATK.

I'm not sure how to word the blue part. Currently, there are no official cards with an effect that has such wording. This can be avoided if the Special Summoning clause becomes an effect instead of a procedure. 

The card itself is alright. I mainly loved it because I have a soft spot for "Aromages". They would love to abuse this card with 3 "Dragon Shrines". I can't think of any other relevant LP-gain archetypes so yeah, for now, it's only Aromage. The last effect is alright since it means this monster can resurrect itself AND it gives you back 3k LP which is huge, but since it has no other form of decent protection, I will say it's rarely going to be activated.

Overall, nice designed card. I think it's well-balanced, imo.

Archived