[CHIM] Firewall Dragon Darkfluid

565_20190508060025_EEJCalW8cujURW7K3vnxe

Firewall Dragon Darkfluid
DARK Cyberse Link Effect Monster
3000 ATK / Link-5 (Top, Left, Right, Bottom-left, Bottom-right)
3+ Effect Monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can place counters on this card equal to the number of Cyberse monsters in your GY of a different Monster Card type (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz).
(2) Gains 2500 ATK for each counter it has during the Battle Phase only.
(3) When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 counter from this card; negate the activation, also if this effect was activated from when this card has declared an attacked until the end of the Damage Step, this card can make a second attack in a row.

OOOOOOOHHHHHH SSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIT

finally a playable link 5

the overall effect itself is good but the means we get the counters is highly debatable

mega zaborg shenanigans i guess

but hot damn this is 13.000 at max that can attack up to 4 more times if your opponent goes to panic mode and spam monster effects

[spoiler=Talking About Salamangreats]

If you ignore the fact that nobody plays Emerald Eagle, Salamangreats technically could fulfill all 4 monster types for this card. More likely though, you would just have 2 monster types ( Link and Xyz ), maybe 3 if you have the fusion. If you have all 4 types, this card could be at 13,000 attack when it attacks, which is pretty huge. A more reasonable attack value for him to be at though would be with the 2 to maybe 3 range, which brings that number down to 8,000-10,500 instead. A big number for sure, but you can accomplish something pretty similar with Violet Chimera in that deck, so I'm not too sure if this has a better use than it for OTKs. 

Having a free monster negate that you can use multiple times each turn is pretty nice ( especially in comparison to Apollousa, since that monster has to decrease it's own attack each time it negates, making it less likely to get the full value out of it's negates ). Having 2 or even 3 free monster negates is a pretty nice feature. The only problem I'm seeing with it though is that it's a link 5 that requires at least 3 effect monsters to make it. Without hard drawing Will, I'm not sure how this could be made easily turn one in the deck. In a more wombo-combo style deck, this card could definitely have it's uses, but without many good generic cyberse fusions / xyz / rituals, it's kinda hard to see this card get more than 1-2 negates with it's effect. 

Taking a quick look at the card, for the first link 5, it seems alright. Having a negation effect that isn't once per turn ( on monster effects ) and gaining huge attack certainly aren't bad effects, but given that the way you get these benefits is by having multiple different cyberse monster types ( ritual, fusion, link, and xyz ), it will be kinda difficult to find a deck this really fits well into IMO. 

Edit: I just realized this card doesn't include links, but synchros instead. That makes it quite a bit harder to run. 

If you ignore the fact that nobody plays Emerald Eagle, Salamangreats technically could fulfill all 4 monster types for this card. More likely though, you would just have 2 monster types ( Link and Xyz ), maybe 3 if you have the fusion. If you have all 4 types, this card could be at 13,000 attack when it attacks, which is pretty huge. A more reasonable attack value for him to be at though would be with the 2 to maybe 3 range, which brings that number down to 8,000-10,500 instead. A big number for sure, but you can accomplish something pretty similar with Violet Chimera in that deck, so I'm not too sure if this has a better use than it for OTKs. 

Having a free monster negate that you can use multiple times each turn is pretty nice ( especially in comparison to Apollousa, since that monster has to decrease it's own attack each time it negates, making it less likely to get the full value out of it's negates ). Having 2 or even 3 free monster negates is a pretty nice feature. The only problem I'm seeing with it though is that it's a link 5 that requires at least 3 effect monsters to make it. Without hard drawing Will, I'm not sure how this could be made easily turn one in the deck. In a more wombo-combo style deck, this card could definitely have it's uses, but without many good generic cyberse fusions / xyz / rituals, it's kinda hard to see this card get more than 1-2 negates with it's effect. 

Yeah, big attack and effect negation are no slouches, Borreload Savage can testify-but outside of running in Diplexer Chimera through the Grand Instant Fusion Struggle, this may be a bit more trouble than it seems to unleash. WHEN IT DOES THO....

Archived