Symphony of the Night (Obvious Castlevania Reference is Obvious)

Symphony_of_the_Night.png

[spoiler=Symphony of the Night: Info]

Counter Trap Card

Lore: If a monster(s) is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck or GY whose ATK is both lower than the highest ATK among the monsters on the field and your LP; Your opponent can send 2 cards from their Extra Deck to the GY with the same name as that Summoned monster to negate this effect, otherwise negate that Summon, and if you do, destroy that card. You can activate this card from your hand by discarding 1 monster with more ATK than the Summoned monster. You can only activate 1 "Symphony of the Night" per turn.

Imagine, if you would, going about building your board and getting all those sweet fancy plays in, then you Summon a Limited ol' boy from ol Casa de Extra Deck and your opponent drops themselves a Danger! Bigfoot for this. 

And just like that...

tumblr_ot2cthNllC1u5dxzlo1_500.gif

Too true.

Yes, Counter Trap that activates from the hand, what a cancer. But it's dependant on several factors, and its utility drops as your LP does, which several Decks can now do with disgusting ease. 

But they can get around it...so long as what they're Summoning is Limited. Basically what I'm saying with this is...I'm aware the DARK Attribute is gonna be suffering some heady hits soon and I'd like to cast out a little safety net for them when that day comes for Nessie!, Jackalope?!, Bardiche and Orcust Knightmare those poor babies.

Until the next card, then: reviews, revelry, you know the drill. Also expect a new card on Saturday at the earliest, folks.

BD'S, signing off.

I thought this was vampire support (archetype condition exists, I did it...with the exact same name, I will call my lawyers). Didnt expect this to be generic.

Jokes aside, I really like this, I would try to make space in almost every deck (side deck minimum) that can afford the discard. I am not even sure if any extra deck (outside of sky strikers and some orchus decks) has space for triples at the moment. The way I see it, needs another (stronger) monster to be used correct? This prevents more spaming rather than kill that escencial first extra deck summon. And even the hand trap condition is restricted.

Excelent deisgn, maybe discard and danger existence dont let me give this a 10 but is close. 

Archived