Photo

Xeno Archetype [WRITTEN, WIP]

- - - - -

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,919 posts
    Last Visit 10 minutes ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

This is the archetype that came to me over the weekend.  The archetype is themed as an "other" dimensional set of monsters.  This "Xeno dimension" has certain aspects that follow yugioh design conventions, but in other ways, they are specifically designed to be "off" in some way (for example, the names are often very un-yugioh-like).  Specific design choices are in a spoiler after the set if you're interested.

Anyways, the deck is designed to have trigger effects that work while the monster is banished (signifying the Xeno monsters doing stuff in their home dimension).  The cost is flipping them from face-up banishment to face-down banishment.  Other than that, the cards are meant to actually be largely generic (only 2 of the monsters actually specifically work with the archetype and one is a pendulum), so without further ado, let's get to the cards!

Spells

Monsters

Extra Deck

Yes, I plan to make at least 1 Xeno for each monster type.

Design notes

Thanks for the look through!  As always, CnC much appreciated!

Cheers!

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Kazuchika Okada

Kazuchika Okada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:38 PM

The fact that this archetype synergizes well with itself but could also synergize pretty well with others is pretty crazy. Gotta say I love Vehicroid, best generic boss in the game. Overall, damn good job there. :3

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

The Aloof One

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 4,919 posts
    Last Visit 10 minutes ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer

The fact that this archetype synergizes well with itself but could also synergize pretty well with others is pretty crazy. Gotta say I love Vehicroid, best generic boss in the game. Overall, damn good job there. :3

Thank you!  Being on here and really interacting with the game again has given me a ton of practice :D

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of work I need to catch up on over the next week, so I probably won't be updating this with more stuff until maybe next weekend.

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users