[DP22] Gimmick Puppet Bisque Doll

60809944_2479047605495480_35216191740591

DP22-JP036 ギミック・パペット-ビスク・ドール Gimmick Puppet Bisque Doll
Level 8 DARK Machine Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 1000
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 “Gimmick Puppet” monster.
(2) You can banish this card from your GY; for the rest of this turn “Gimmick Puppet” monsters you control cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effect.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/wherehaveallthedollpartsgone/

Evil HERO: got a decent boss and a necessary support card.

Rex.dek: Oh hey, Supay/Ascator support to drop Inti and Quilla whenever, and a straight search card for Earthbounds.

Predaplants: An OTK on legs that also carries Summon negation and a stupid solid consistency card.

Gimmick Puppets: A xenophobic R4 and bad R8 fodder that can self-banish for targeting protection.

Maybe Konami does hate GPs.

You nailed it @@Draconus297. Just, oh my funking god does Konami not funking get it. We need SEARCHERS! (And I mean good ones, not utter xenophobic sheet like Chimera Doll.) We need, RECOVERY! We don't need more ways to gouge are funking hands summoning a monster they smarmily made too high ATK for Machine Dupe, even though with Mythic Water Dragon and Magnet Doll IRS is better but I digress. This fixes, NOTHING!

I mean, am I crazy here? Or does Konami only go back to its 2009 thinking when it comes to GP and nothing else?

You nailed it @@Draconus297. Just, oh my funking god does Konami not funking get it. We need SEARCHERS! (And I mean good ones, not utter xenophobic sheet like Chimera Doll.) We need, RECOVERY! We don't need more ways to gouge are funking hands summoning a monster they smarmily made too high ATK for Machine Dupe, even though with Mythic Water Dragon and Magnet Doll IRS is better but I digress. This fixes, NOTHING!

I mean, am I crazy here? Or does Konami only go back to its 2009 thinking when it comes to GP and nothing else?

I said this before in so few words on NCM, but it bears repeating now: present me one piece of support, one godforsaken fix, that the far superior DARK Machine Deck wont immediately warrant an order of protection from and I'll consider this point feasible.

Until then, everyone not currently realizing that Phantom Knights are about to be in a WORSE SPOT than they were before Bardiche was bred and immediately co-opted by Orcust is missing the point of what utterly unenviable situation Gimmick Puppets are in (and before them, Super Quantums, and before THEM, Ghostricks), and have been since Utopic ZeXal got the best thing the GPs had going for them hit because of a better Archetype abusing it. (Argent Chaos, natch)

Fixing is nothing if a better Deck gets it retconned, and I'm tiring incredibly fast of how little this lesson is retained, considering its from a tale as old as Gofu and as young as Doctor Red. 

So again, I must say of this as I said of the other two Gimmick Puppets; serviceable, but indicative of Konami's "closing the barn door after the horses have left' thing they do to Archetypes mirroring the Type of other OP Archetypes (coughVendreadsAfterNekrozcough). Clearly, they're either trying to launder the protection onto this card so they can use the Spell/Trap support to either rekindle their Rank-Up-Magic needs, though Raidraptors showed that's best handled with the Extra Deck Monster. 6.4., pending the final two/three(?) cards.

Admittedly, Orcusts are the closest thing to being Konami's love letter to Gimmick Puppets.

If you look exclusively at GP's themselves, yeah the deck is stuck in a standstill. Even splashing a minimal Orcust engine though, and the deck now has a searcher (Orcust Crecendo) and a foolish (Orcust Knightmare). Dingirsu is a Gimmick Puppet in all but name (I do admit that not being a Gimmick Puppet in name is problematic though) and... this card ties all of that together b/c it is a Special Summon that isn't reliant on the opponent.

I said this before in so few words on NCM, but it bears repeating now: present me one piece of support, one godforsaken fix, that the far superior DARK Machine Deck wont immediately warrant an order of protection from and I'll consider this point feasible.

Until then, everyone not currently realizing that Phantom Knights are about to be in a WORSE SPOT than they were before Bardiche was bred and immediately co-opted by Orcust is missing the point of what utterly unenviable situation Gimmick Puppets are in (and before them, Super Quantums, and before THEM, Ghostricks), and have been since Utopic ZeXal got the best thing the GPs had going for them hit because of a better Archetype abusing it. (Argent Chaos, natch)

Fixing is nothing if a better Deck gets it retconned, and I'm tiring incredibly fast of how little this lesson is retained, considering its from a tale as old as Gofu and as young as Doctor Red.

So again, I must say of this as I said of the other two Gimmick Puppets; serviceable, but indicative of Konami's "closing the barn door after the horses have left' thing they do to Archetypes mirroring the Type of other OP Archetypes (coughVendreadsAfterNekrozcough). Clearly, they're either trying to launder the protection onto this card so they can use the Spell/Trap support to either rekindle their Rank-Up-Magic needs, though Raidraptors showed that's best handled with the Extra Deck Monster. 6.4., pending the final two/three(?) cards.

It annoys me because Konami frequently doesn’t give two fucks for balance when it comes to their design to the point we HAVE Utopic ZeXal. We HAVE sheet like Guardragons that sheet out a four negate per turn board. And yet, and funking yet, they turn funking puritanical in the face of an archetype that’s completely harmless? Afraid to make a single good and functional card for fear of them, heaven forbid, being able to make other not terrible Rank 8s. That’s what pisses me off Sceptyr. The fact that Konami frequently and will fully makes game breakers all day erry day, but are suddenly scared at the prospect of Gimmick Puppets being tier funking 10! It’s back-handed hypocrisy and it pisses me off that they can’t treat one of the few archetypes that I happen to like with any degree of love and respect!

And such hatred couldn’t be more blatant in your first point. Oh yes Konami, brilliant of you to ban the card the Toxic Piece of sheet abuses, as opposed to the Toxic Piece of sheet itself.

Archived