[DP22] Evil Mind | Evil HERO's RotA

More free cards

D74nUckU0AEjH5d.png?resize=300%2C211&ssl

Evil Mind
Normal Spell Card

You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If you control a Fiend monster, activate one of the following effects according to the number of monsters in your opponent’s GY:
-1 or more: Draw 1 card.
-4 or more: Add 1 “HERO” monster or 1 “Dark Fusion” from your Deck to your hand.
-10 or more: Add 1 “Polymerization” Spell Card or “Fusion” Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

source: https://ygorganization.com/dp22evilmind/

first 2 is easy

3rd one though kinda clucky, although is understandable since its intended use is to add super-poly 

For this, I concede part of my time to the comment I left on DeviArt from a player who wasn't exactly the most receptive to this card's debut. Thought it fool's gold.

I'm willing to contend that. 

First effect (of this card) is only a Knightmare away (at maximum) from being Upstart Goblin #2, 3 & 4.
Second effect is more good Evil HERO setup, especially considering Aduster Gold can search this too and it searches ANY HERO, like Malicious, Honesty Neos, the works. 
Third effect is a bit dicey, but again, with a Knightmare up, that turns your 40-card pileup into "Ash this now or lose your whole board to Super Poly later.dek". Ask Orcusts and Salamangreats how fast they fill up that end of the bargain.

Not seeing anything there our (un)favorite technicolor Links can't solve.

So yeah, bonkers utility the harder your opponent tries to go, and its all usable with an Archetype literally made to handle problem cards. 'Nuff said, natch.

Seriously, these Spells in the DP22 are being heavily underestimated for the impact they'll have on the meta, and especially for how insane the gifts are for DARK monsters and Fiends.

First that Earthbound Geoglyph that'll make Dragvirion worth its weight in gold, then the chance to an ability to get any Level 8-er to the hand on a discard with Dark Occultism and now this to Spell Speed 4 their way into Tough-Actin' Tenactin Board-Breakin' Triphyovertum to negate more stuff on essentially the typical Orcust first turn? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf2273f6f55333645

In short, 8.7/10.

For this, I concede part of my time to the comment I left on DeviArt from a player who wasn't exactly the most receptive to this card's debut. Thought it fool's gold.

So yeah, bonkers utility the harder your opponent tries to go, and its all usable with an Archetype literally made to handle problem cards. 'Nuff said, natch.

Seriously, these Spells in the DP22 are being heavily underestimated for the impact they'll have on the meta, and especially for how insane the gifts are for DARK monsters and Fiends.

First that Earthbound Geoglyph that'll make Dragvirion worth its weight in gold, then the chance to an ability to get any Level 8-er to the hand on a discard with Dark Occultism and now this to Spell Speed 4 their way into Tough-Actin' Tenactin Board-Breakin' Triphyovertum to negate more stuff on essentially the typical Orcust first turn? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf2273f6f55333645

In short, 8.7/10.

The more I think about it, it's not that great. Upstart doesn't have any conditions. You both need to rely on the opponent and already have invested your board. With Stratos and Mist so easy to Summon/Dump the second effect is a hard "meh" given that the Captain Gold counterpart can search the spells this allows with effect two

Finally effect 3 is nice. Searching M Fusion or Super Poly is always sweet, but 10 MONSTER, not CARDS as the text became clearer is rough. 

I personally would not run it

Archived