Sceptyr's Singles: The Mystic LV Montage (9/9)

So, back onto the breach (in YCM) I go, with this starting foursome.

You've all heard (okay, first three words in and I'm already fibbing, let's be real) about the Mystic Swordsman. One of the clunkiest LV monster montages you ever did see-even the upper two monsters could be Normal Set for some reason even though it did less than nothing for the overall strategy.

So I decided, a while back when I was remaking Malefic Intent into Level Playing Field, that a shift in strategy around that end was needed. And even throughout my various LV supports before, I never quite got how a complementary Mystic Swordsman Archetype would work, even with the Silent Swordsman upgrades to draw from. 

Thus, I decided that to continue, one needed a fresh perspective.

Enter the original draft of the new Mystic Swordsman. I've decided to make it a four-stage LV evolutionary (the only two previous being "Ultimate Insect" and "Armed Dragon" - and it is called the Mystic Markswoman. A stage up from the previous complement upgrade to a LV "Swordsman", which was "Silent Magician" with 2 stages to the Silent Swordsman's 3 forms.

It also has focus on Set cards, and later on, all destruction, but benefiting your progression through it to make up for its tenuous field presence, it being a Spirit and all.

In addition, for this first wave of LV 'support' (reimagining, more like), I've also made up a true final form for Mystic Swordsman. May land, may not.

Hope this all was worth the wait.

iU8EggM.png

dd8amhu-e012f752-a3a1-4311-87a0-efbfd815            dd8amhm-9b71405d-3cb6-44a9-a6fb-4a711fcf

Mystic Markswoman LV3

EARTH/Spellcaster-Type Spirit Effect Monster/Level 3/800 ATK/0 DEF

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by its own effect. If a card(s) was Set to the field last turn, while you control no Spirit monsters (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, also destroy 1 Set card on the field. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned this turn: Return it to the hand, then if a Spell/Trap Card(s) you control was destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Mystic Markswoman LV5" from your hand or Deck during your next Standby Phase.

Mystic Markswoman LV5

EARTH/Spellcaster-Type Spirit Effect Monster/Level 5/1800 ATK/500 DEF

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 monster, 1 Spell and 1 Trap from your GY, or with "Mystic Markswoman LV3". Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can destroy 1 Set card on the field, and if you do, cards you control are unaffected by the effects of cards with the same name as that destroyed card this turn, also draw 1 card. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned this turn: Return it to the hand, then you can pay 1000 LP, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Mystic Markswoman LV7" from your hand or Deck during the next Standby Phase.

dd89bd1-5cca0599-c363-408a-b939-81d4797f            dd89bd6-7957602f-8a6e-41eb-9237-3d2185ab

Mystic Markswoman LV7

EARTH/Spellcaster-Type Spirit Effect Monster/Level 7/2800 ATK/1000 DEF

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 5 cards from your GY, or with "Mystic Markswoman LV5". Your opponent must Set Spell Cards before activating them, also they cannot activate the effects of Set cards they control until their next turn after Setting them. Once per turn: You can banish 1 card from each player's field, then draw 1 card. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned this turn: Return it to the hand, then you can Special Summon 1 "Mystic Markswoman LV9" from your hand or Deck during the next Standby Phase.

Mystic Markswoman LV9

EARTH/Spellcaster-Type Spirit Effect Monster/Level 9/3800 ATK/1500 DEF

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "Mystic Markswoman LV7". Your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards on the field. Once per turn, if a card(s) is destroyed: You can draw cards and/or Set Spell Trap Cards among those destroyed cards to your field so the total number of drawn and Set cards equals 2. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned this turn: Return it to the hand, then inflict 1500 damage to your opponent. You can only control 1 "Mystic Markswoman LV9".

dd89c2i-2ec57674-b470-41e0-bdf7-a0a7dba5            dd9csq9-dd27f7fc-0f1e-4033-88df-27a97d8a

Mystic Swordsman LV8

EARTH/Warrior-Type Effect Monster/Level 8/2450 ATK/1800 DEF

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is flipped face-up: Shuffle all Set cards your opponent controls into the Deck. When this card battles an opponent's monster: You can change as many monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position as possible. Your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from their hand or GY in Attack Position, also they cannot change the battle position of a monster whose battle position was changed by this card's effect. When an Attack Position Effect Monster activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can change this face-down card to face-up Defense Position; negate the activation.

Mystic Cataloger

EARTH/Machine-Type Effect Monster/Level 1/0 ATK/0 DEF

Lore: When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 Level 7 or lower EARTH "LV" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's DEF +500. If a Trap Card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can make this card lose exactly 500 ATK, and if it does, negate the activation. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower EARTH "LV" monster from your Deck.

dd8quin-39a726be-9e15-46bd-bad4-61118229           dd9ctqa-36f9af27-07b6-4532-820b-1b042765

Mystic Sword Stroke

Normal Trap Card

Lore: Send 1 EARTH Warrior monster from your Deck to the GY; activate 1 of these effects.

● Immediately after this effect resolves, Flip Summon 1 Level 4 or 6 Warrior monster, then change face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position, equal to half of the Summoned monster's Level (rounded down).

● Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower EARTH "LV" monster from your hand or GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions, then draw 1 card.

You can only use each effect of "Mystic Sword Stroke" once per turn.

Mystic Miracle

Normal Trap Card

Lore: You can reveal 1 EARTH "LV" monster from your hand, pay 1000 LP, then discard 2 cards; draw 3 cards. You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 "Mystic Swordsman" or "Mystic Markswoman" monster you control; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 EARTH "LV" monster from your Deck or GY that is 2 Levels higher than that monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions. If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand. You can only use 1 "Mystic Miracle" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

dd8quir-e7c12957-87b0-4530-b6c4-893b17af

Mystic Lab

Continuous Trap Card

Lore: When this card is activated: You can add 1 "Mystic Markswoman" monster from your Deck to your hand. At the start of the Battle Phase, if a "LV" monster(s) you control is sent to the GY or returned to the hand last turn: Target 1 card on the field; shuffle it into the Deck. During the Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY; immediately after this effect resolves, Normal or Flip Summon 1 "LV" monster. You can only use each effect of "Mystic Lab" once per turn.

iU8EggM.png

Also, to those asking "wait, where are the custom backgrounds for those Spirits you got there? Don't they usually have this blue fragment portal behind them?" I say the Shinobird Rituals and Pendulum Spirits may have missed the memo, and so has this LV Spirit Archetype. 

Also good news: This set is complete! BD'S, signing off.

UPDATE 1: HERE COME DAT MYSTIC TRAPZ

UPDATE 2: HERE COME MORE MYSTIC TRAPZ AND ALSO THEIR VERSION OF SILENT PALADIN

Archived