[DP22] Supreme King Castle

BDHiwxU.png

Supreme King Castle

Field Spell

You can Fusion Summon Fusion Monsters that must be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion" by other ways. Once per turn, during damage calculation, if your Fiend monster battles an opponent's monster: You can send 1 "Evil HERO" monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to the GY; your battling monster gains ATK equal to that sent monster's Level X 200 until the end of this turn.

Search with Terraforming, use this to send Necrom. Least that's what I think is the general idea. Ourside of the ATK boost, I don't know many Evil HERO monsters you'd want to send from the Extra Deck.

By the way the first part of its effect is worded, could you theoretically use Super Polymerization if you wanted?

slight updated wording nothing changed much:

1) You can Fusion Summon Fusion Monsters that must be Special Summoned with “Dark Fusion” with the effects of cards other than “Dark Fusion”.
(2) Once per turn, during damage calculation, if your Fiend monster battles an opponent’s monster: You can send 1 “Evil HERO” monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to the GY; your battling monster gains ATK equal to the sent monster’s Level x 200, until the end of this turn.

while i like protection or another advantage effects more than another stat booster especially given they already big to begin with and some last bit of the new advantage card is rather clunky (Evil Mind)

i welcome the fusion option of using non-"Dark Fusion" just for its mechanic both for being interesting and flexible

Search with Terraforming, use this to send Necrom. Least that's what I think is the general idea. Ourside of the ATK boost, I don't know many Evil HERO monsters you'd want to send from the Extra Deck.

By the way the first part of its effect is worded, could you theoretically use Super Polymerization if you wanted?

You could also search this with Aduster Gold. Some of the Evil HERO Fusions are Level 8, so they could be viable targets. And yes, this seems designed to make Evil HEROes compatible with Super Poly.

That's an interesting effect right there, are you saying I can use any way to Fusion Summon, or does it have to be generic enough to still cover the bases? I assume Polymerization would work, but could you use something like Shaddoll Fusion?

No, you couldn't use Shaddoll Fusion. At most, this card ignores the "Must be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion"" restriction on the Evil HEROes themselves, while Shaddoll Fusion would still be limited by its own restriction to only be capable of summoning Shaddoll monsters. Likewise, Miracle Fusion would not work, since that only summons Elemental HEROes, and thus could not be able to summon Evil HEROes. You can, however, use something like Necro Fusion.

No, you couldn't use Shaddoll Fusion. At most, this card ignores the "Must be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion"" restriction on the Evil HEROes themselves, while Shaddoll Fusion would still be limited by its own restriction to only be capable of summoning Shaddoll monsters. Likewise, Miracle Fusion would not work, since that only summons Elemental HEROes, and thus could not be able to summon Evil HEROes. You can, however, use something like Necro Fusion.

so with that in mind:

Necro Fusion

D-Fusion

Dark Contract with the Swamp King

Rapid Trigger

Flash Fusion

Vision Fusion

Ultra Poly

Fusion Substitute

Invocation

Muddy Muddragon

Fusion Parasite

PPal Trump Witch

Predaplant Chlamydosundew

Hm yes, that does seem logical, and that's hopefully how it works, otherwise things could get very silly.

(1) You can Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster that must be Special Summoned with “Dark Fusion” with the effect of a card not named “Dark Fusion”.

Ah, so that'd explain how the Supreme King was able to summon Dark Gaia and Malicious Fiend, his castle was secretly in reality a field spell. I like that Konami addressed that discrepancy from the anime. 

Ah, so that'd explain how the Supreme King was able to summon Dark Gaia and Malicious Fiend, his castle was secretly in reality a field spell. I like that Konami addressed that discrepancy from the anime. 

I think that was more on how the anime treated Super Polymerization, but it is nice how this fills the gap.

Archived