The Astringent Mystic (All Your Secrecy Are Belong To Us)

Future Flip Fortifications  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Flip Monsters do you want me to evolve next on Friday, 6/7/2019?

• Lady Assailant of Flames
    • Armed Ninja
    • Fiber Jar
    • Reaper of the Cards

The_Astringent_Mystic.png

[spoiler=The Astringent Mystic: Info]

LIGHT/Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2700 ATK/2300 DEF

Lore: When a card(s) is Set to the field face-down, while a player controls exactly 3 cards (Quick Effect): You can reveal this card in your hand, then target 1 of those Set cards; reveal that target, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand, also that target cannot activate its effects until the end of the next turn. That targeted card cannot be activated in response to this effect's activation. Your opponent must reveal all Set cards before Setting them, also they must play with their hand revealed.

So yeah, I've noticed the otherwise overlooked Ascended of Thunder, as a return to the Soul of the Duelist - inspired tactic of upgrading classic Flip monsters. For this example, I've lessened its reach on what's already on the field, but expose every card set and drawn by your opponent afterwards, in what may yet be the most blatant middle finger to Danger! more useful LIGHT Spellcasters of all time. 

What about Verre and Smile Sorceror? 

Better question: Why about Verre and Smile Sorceror?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf8b2b96e6a6b3377

Glad to be of assistance. Also, gonna be mentioning this in the status, but I'm not too wholly finished on this front; there are four other classic Flips I want to give the Astringent Mystic treatment on the next two Fridays, the next Monday, and the next Wednesday. And once again, the BlaDeS of Change's frequenters get to choose which order I tackle them in-let me know which of them in the poll you want me on for Friday.

For now, however: reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived