Ninja Support Cards [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Just decided to drop a few cards to help Ninjas.  Because why not.  Design reasoning in italics under the card.

[spoiler=Cards (4)]

Armor Ninjitsu Art of Restoration

Spell

Target up to 2 "Ninjitsu Art" cards in your GY except "Armor Ninjitsu Art of Restoration"; Set those targets.  You can activate those Set cards this turn.  You can only activate 1 "Armor Ninjitsu Art of Restoration" per turn.

Ninjas tend to have lots of stuff that makes 'em lose a huge amount of advantage.  This Spell, like their other Normal Spell, should help mitigate that while, also enabling them to use their best traps all over again.  It can even combo with their draw spell to gain tons of advantage.

Twilight Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Summoning

Continuous Trap

You can target 1 Tributed "Ninja" monster in your GY or Extra Deck: Special Summon it in face-up ATK position or face-down DEF position, but destroy it during the End Phase of the next turn.  You can only use this effect of "Twilight Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Summoning" once per turn.

Like the previous card, this is to help them gain advantage by mitigating the costs of the Ninja cards.  Most of their stuff involve tributing and some of their bigger monsters don't mind being Tribute Summoned.  Ruling-wise, this effect is supposed to work in a similar way to "Skyscraper 2 - Hero City", except it's connected to a continuous trap that helps build advantage more quickly over time.

Ninjitsu Art of Organization

Continuous Trap

If you control a "Ninja" monster, you can pay 800 LP: Normal Summon or Set 1 "Ninja" monster.  You can only use this effect of "Ninjitsu Art of Organization" once per turn.  If you control 3 or more Set cards, you can activate this card the turn it was Set.

As simple as this card is, it is honestly probably the most important card of the three just because actually getting the Ninjas on board seems like their biggest issue.  I wanted to make this a Trap to continue their theme, but this is the type of card that they need on their first turn if they wanna do anything, so I gave it a first turn activation condition that I don't think would be to difficult.

Ninja Grandmaster Fuhma

DARK Links: NE E SE

Warrior/Link/Effect

2+ "Ninja" monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: Add 1 "Fuhma Shuriken" from your Deck or GY to your hand.  While you control a face-up "Ninjitsu Art" card, "Ninja" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards or effects.  If a "Ninja" monster is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Ninja" monster from your hand, Deck, or GY to a Zone that this points to with a different type than all "Ninja" monsters you control.  You can only use this effect of "Ninja Grandmaster Fuhma" once per turn.  You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck during the turn you activate this effect except "Ninja" monsters.

2300/Link 3

Eh, just wanted to toss in another boss monster.  This isn't really necessary, but I figured I might as well use this to tie "Fuhma Shuriken" into everything while also touching on some of the other themes that Ninjas have.  

Really, past their issues in burning advantage and getting themselves on the field, Ninjas could be pretty ridiculous.  They've got decent protection between their field spell and Link monster, their consistency is pretty solid (between their Link, Isolde, RotA, and their draw spell), they've got unique forms of removal with the super transformation card and "Ninjitsu Art of Shadow Sealing", and they've got several directions they can be built.  Just wanted to give them that nudge to get 'em into a more relevant position.

Anyways, as always, questions welcome and CnC much appreciated.

Cheers!

Archived