Royal Assailant of Flames (Me Girl on Fire, Me Field on Fire, Feelin' HOT HOT HOT)

Black D'Sceptyr

In other words, the final Flip retrain's here. Also: Winter's not coming. Scroll down for why. Yes I mean PAST the awesome card right there.

dd9c1j7-8db04c21-4def-4032-980b-56fab86e

[spoiler=Royal Assailant of Flames: Info]

FIRE/Pyro-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2700 ATK/2100 DEF

Lore: When the effect of a monster your opponent controls or another Pyro monster you control is activated, as Chain Link 3 (Quick Effect): You can reveal this card in your hand if it is in your hand, also banish 3 cards from your GY; apply these effects in sequence, depending on the different card types (Monster, Spell or Trap) among those banished cards.

● Monster: Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand, then gain 800 LP. 
● Spell: Infilct 800 damage to your opponent, then destroy 1 monster on the field.
● Trap: Negate the activation, then your opponent adds 1 card in the GYs to your hand.

Once again, the +1200 ATK/+1100 DEF de-Flipization of this Flip evolution is in play since Lady Assailant was Level 4 or higher. And holy cannoli, that's a lot of text for basically one non-OPT effect that either turns out Saladbois/this card with monsters, Lady Assails you into non-targeting removal with Spells, and Painful Returns you resources on Traps.

All in all, something definitely useful in say, Hopeless builds, which always appreciate turning out recurring banishment-loving FIRE monsters (Gren Maju, Blazing Mars, this) or just simply getting to or away from problem cards.

Plus, incorporating Lady Assailant's original effect in terms of banishment for piddling damage, only on the end of a chain that takes out a monster on its own, is definitely a nice twist on things, don't you think? 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0427e1315864496b

Yeah, pretty much what I expected. 

Till the next card: reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff. Isn't "reveal this card in your hand if it is in your hand" a little redundant? I think this card is very cool and pyros really need some kinda blanket support like this.

Effect's trying to show it can activate in the hand or on the field, but requiring it show itself in the hand to avoid hand/Deck reveal shenanigans like we've seen lately.

Archived