July TCG Banlist Prediction

So with the OCG July list out and where half a month away from the no sooner than July 1st list for the TCG here is my prediction for what could happen to the TCG.

Banned:

Knightmare Mermaid (OCG's list inspires this)

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (Guardragon abuse while legal in the TCG)

Zefra Divine Strike (With the Zefra Endymion on the rise with all of its negates, this seems like the type of card that would need to be hit to balance it where I have taken into consideration that its searchable in the deck.)

Limited:

Harpies Feather Duster (That one Forbidden card that can return to 1)

Mystic Mine (TCG needs to hit this harder than what OCG did)

Thunder Dragon Colossus (OCG list inspires this)

Salamangreat Gazelle (OCG list inspires this)

Saryuja Skull Dread (Stops recursion of hand setup through multiple Saryuja)

Sky Striker Mecha - Widow Anchor (Nerfs Skystrikes)

Semi-Limit:

Elemental HERO Stratos (OCG List inspires this but not straight to 3 as it can still search itself)

Nekroz of Unicore (With Duel Power and the remainder in Battles of Legend this july I can see this moving up)

Shurit, Strategist of Nekroz (With Duel Power and the remainder in Battles of Legend this july I can see this moving up)

Solemn Warning (Where the OCG inspired Solemn Judgement to 3, Solemn Warning to 2 as a LP costing counter trap to help further stop your opponent setting up big monsters.)

Unlimited:

Ceasefire (OCG list inspires this)

- Mermaid presents an interesting argument with regards to the Mega tins. It was one of the named cards in the product description, so on one hand I could see it survive one more list, on the other since the tins will have more Secrets (and Mermaid will probs be one of them) so they could hit it as a 1-off, we'll have to see what happens there. If it wasn't named in the product description, I'd be like "Yeah, get rid of it."

- Saryuja, I agree that it should go to 1. People have wanted that for a while, and why it didn't go to 1 last list is beyond me

- Mermaid presents an interesting argument with regards to the Mega tins. It was one of the named cards in the product description, so on one hand I could see it survive one more list, on the other since the tins will have more Secrets (and Mermaid will probs be one of them) so they could hit it as a 1-off, we'll have to see what happens there. If it wasn't named in the product description, I'd be like "Yeah, get rid of it."

- Saryuja, I agree that it should go to 1. People have wanted that for a while, and why it didn't go to 1 last list is beyond me

If anything, Mermaid can just be Limited, so that they can still include it in the tin while hitting it on the banlist.

Honestly, I can totally see them keeping around REDMD to help them move product (considering all the Dragon support coming out in the next few sets).

Instead of Mermaid, they could hit Harp Horror/Cymbal Skeleton. They're both pretty low-rarity, won't conflict as much with the Mega Tins, and have been around for a while.

Also, #ReviveTheTribe

Darkness metal better not get hit as its not the problem by far, saryuja to one instead. Darkness metal, while strong, can easily be swapped out for many cards for his combo. As far as banning goes, i can see gandora getting banned like in ocg. I feel konami learned he needs to go. Semi limit, dont know but i could see stratos getting to 3 because searching itself isnt a problem at all with him. In fact, over there, people still prefer the vyon shadowmist dump combo. Same efffect but you get a poly over stratos just searching

• 3 weeks later...

Archived