[Written] Valkyrie Verbinden

Thomas★Zero

Valkyrie Verbinden

LIGHT

Link: DL, DR

2 "Valkyrie" monster

Fairy/Link/Effect

When this card is Link Summoned: you can apply 1 of the following effects.

* Special Summon 1 "Valkyrie" monster from your Deck.

* Add 1 Spell/Trap card that list "Valkyrie" in its text from your Deck to your hand.

During the turn you activated this effect, you cannot summon monsters except "Valkyrie" monsters. You can only Link Summon "Valkyrie Verbinden" once per turn.

ATK/2000 LINK-2

The card itself is fine, but if I'm honest, I can't help but feel that the card lacks heart.

I mean, the effect is so... baseline? You can change the name from Valkyrie to pretty much any other archetype and it would be just as good. Valkyries don't even benefit from this opening up Zones because they don't have other Extra Deck monsters.

I don't know. The card is good, but I admit that I was expecting a bit more tbh.

Valkyries don't even benefit from this opening up Zones because they don't have other Extra Deck monsters.

Neither did SPYRALs, Fur Hire, or Magical Muskets, but you saw a marked difference between their pre-Double Helix/Folgo/Max days and post. 

(You are right however, @@Tinkerer, this does feel a bit uninspired. Just LOLing at the thought of needing Extra Deck prescence to benefit from having Links.)

Neither did SPYRALs, Fur Hire, or Magical Muskets, but you saw a marked difference between their pre-Double Helix/Folgo/Max days and post. 

(You are right however, @@Tinkerer, this does feel a bit uninspired. Just LOLing at the thought of needing Extra Deck prescence to benefit from having Links.)

Sorry, I was traveling earlier so my mind was kinda elsewhere.  I guess didn't write that point out very well, huh?

It's less the need for Extra Deck presence but... like, what is this doing as a Link that couldn't be accomplished by, say, being a Contact Fusion?  Double Helix actually uses its arrows to fit the Deck's playstyle, Folgo is in an archetype that can spam out monsters so a Link was a natural extension, and Max is a Link 1 which is something that couldn't really be achieved with other summoning mechanics.

As Horu noted, Valks barely put out enough monsters to afford summoning a Link in the first place and this card doesn't have any effects that use its arrows in any way.  That was more my point.

Archived