Cards of Time Passage

Inspiration:

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=158692

Cards of Time Passage

Normal Spell

Activate this card on turn count 3 or more. If you control a Spellcaster: Draw cards equal to the current turn count -2. You can only activate 1 "Cards of Time Passage" per turn.

I thought about the above MTG card and how it lets you draw more late game then it does early game. With yugioh being very fast these days I thought a card like this would be more fair then it would be in the days of goat control or something

Guest BGMCANN0N

So... About 1st and 2nd turn...  During 1st turn, do you go -2 like discard 1 card from to resolve it? During second turn, do you just blank shot for -1? While it would be dumb to do that, I think there needs to some clarity on ruling... Perhaps word the card differently to where you can only activate it on the third turn. Otherwise, that -2 could cause some confusion.

Activate this card on turn count 3 or more. If you control a Spellcaster: Draw cards equal to the current turn count -2. You can only activate 1 "Cards of Time Passage" per turn.

Now in terms viability... Yeah, it is slow. But, me being an intellect: Pair this with stall cards like Waboku, and Threatening Roar... You could potentially generate menacing advantage as you proceed to buy time.

It essentially makes this a better Shard of Greed where you don't have to worry about losing it to things other than Ghost Ash.

So... About 1st and 2nd turn...  During 1st turn, do you go -2 like discard 1 card from to resolve it? During second turn, do you just blank shot for -1? While it would be dumb to do that, I think there needs to some clarity on ruling... Perhaps word the card differently to where you can only activate it on the third turn. Otherwise, that -2 could cause some confusion.

Now in terms viability... Yeah, it is slow. But, me being an intellect: Pair this with stall cards like Waboku, and Threatening Roar... You could potentially generate menacing advantage as you proceed to buy time.

It essentially makes this a better Shard of Greed where you don't have to worry about losing it to things other than Ghost Ash.

Thanks for the review, and I fixed the text as you suggested.

Yeah, I'm thinking Mystic Mine Lightsworn Decks that run Spirit Swords (okay, just mine) will benefit from this, since they'll last the turns needed to make bank off of this. Looks alright, actually for a turn 3 card that basically starts out as Upstart Goblin and only shoots up from there. 

Also foreverlol if this ever gets Pyro Clock of Destiny used in Decks.

Its interesting concept

Each copy can help to dig out other copy also if you manage to get the game past turn 5 its become +X starting at 2 which is crazy but It has quite number of hurdles: slow, require field Present and HOPT.

Its still worrying IMO, in the event a good Grind or Control deck that can forced turn 5+ emerge this can be busted. Probs certain cap on the number of draw? Or any effect that prevent you to plus to hard past turn 5

Archived