[CHIM] Evoltile Megachirella

zzz-1.png?ssl=1

Evoltile Megachirella
FIRE/Level 1/Reptile/Effect
You can only use each of the (1) and (2) effects of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute 1 Reptile monster and discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower FIRE Dinosaur monster from your Deck.
(2) You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Dragon Xyz Monster you control with no material; attach up to 2 Reptile and/or Dinosaur monsters with different names from your hand or GY to that target as material.
0/0

https://ygorganization.com/welcometotriassicworld/

Welp, clearly the easiest way to trigger Evolsaurs.

I'd never really got into the deck irl, but I've always appreciated the concept behind the Evol monsters, so I'm glad to see some support for 'em.  Really though, they'll need quite a bit to gain relevance.  Their Xyzs still hold up, but the only main deck monsterw worth going into with this are: Vulcano (SS another Evolsaur from GY), Elias (SS an Evolsaur from hand), and maybe a one-of Diplo (destroy 1 Spell/Trap).  Out of archetype stuff isn't much better.  Just a ton of Jurracs and Miscellaneousaurus.

On the other hand, this is probably the best Snake Rain target in the game since it has a GY effect itself, and it also can use resources from the GY, so... yeah.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Love this... It can often make Evo-Singularity live in one go even if this thing gets Ash'd (which would suck, of course, but at least if you have Evo-Singularity you can still retaliate). And Evo-Singulariy is a now a Trap Trick target so the consistency for an Evolzar play on your opponents turn is there. :D

However, the problem that now resides with Evols... Is that their boss monster negation effects aren't enough on their own, and often need back row to compliment their stunning capabilities... Yet they still have an unorthodox and often unreliable means of making their Xyz bosses.

pretty sure they made it a reptile to avoid this exact scenario, they will (or at least should be) be more carefull with lvl 1 dino designs moving forward

I mean, even if they didn't specifically try to avoid Miscell, this wouldn't have been a Dino anyway.  Aren't all the Evoltiles reptile monsters?

Based on this card, it seems unlikely, but I wonder if they'll make a Link "Evol" monster with the Wyrm type as the further "evolution" after the Xyz Dragons?

Guest BGMCANN0N
Based on this card, it seems unlikely, but I wonder if they'll make a Link "Evol" monster with the Wyrm type as the further "evolution" after the Xyz Dragons?

Well not sure about the Wyrm part... But, I think it would be missed opportunity to give them a Link regardless: I mean they all have binary code in their background for some reason... They kind of scream "We belong to this generation!". But, then again more so on Digital Bugs. XD

Archived