Shatter Magicians

Wildprince15

Hey all! i'm back again with another archetype. I know I haven't been in the best condition for doing this, but now I'm back and ready to go. This is an archetype I came up with yesterday. I was going to call it Colorless Magicians, but my brain heard "Mirror" and ran with it, so here you go.

Monster cards

1. Shatter Magician Anya

Lv. 4 LIGHT Spellcaster-type effect monster

1600 ATK/1600 DEF

Effect: If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, gain life points equal to this cards original ATK. Once per turn, If you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: Add one "Shatter Magician" card from your deck to your hand.

2000: Special summon one "Shatter Magician" monster from your hand (Except another copy of "Shatter Magician Anya") and gain life points equal to the damage you took.

3000 or more: Destroy monsters on the field up to the number of "Shatter Magician" monsters you control.

2. Shatter Magician Ava

1800 ATK/1800 DEF

Effect: If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, inflict damage to your opponent equal to this card original ATK. Once per turn, if you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: Add one "Shatter Magician" card from your graveyard to your hand.

2000: Special summon one "Shatter Magician" monster from your graveyard (Except another copy of "Shatter Magician Ava") and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage you took.

3000 or more: Destroy Spell and trap cards your opponent controls, up to the number of "Shatter Magician" monsters you control.

3. Shatter Magician Alia

1900 ATK/1900 DEF

Effect: If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, Destroy all cards your opponent controls in this card's column. Once per turn, if you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: Add one "Shatter Magician" card from your banished zone to your hand.

2000: Special summon one "Shatter Magician" monster from your deck (Except another copy of "Shatter Magician Alia").

3000 or more: Send cards from your opponent's hand to the graveyard, up to the number of "Shatter Magician" monsters you control.

4. Shatter Magician Aria

1500 ATK/1500 DEF

Effect: If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, Negate the effects of all face up cards your opponent controls in this card's column. Once per turn, if you take damage, you can activate one of these effects depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: All "Shatter Magician" monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.

2000: All monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.

3000 or more: The ATK of all monsters your opponent controls becomes zero, and their effects are negated until the end of this turn.

5. Shatter Magician Amy

1400 ATK/1400 DEF

Effect: If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: Send the top card of your opponent's deck to the graveyard. Once per turn, if you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on that amount of damage you took:

1000: Shuffle one card your opponent controls into the deck.

2000: Shuffle two cards your opponent controls into the deck.

3000 or more: Shuffle cards your opponent controls, into the deck, up to the number of "Shatter Magician" cards you control.

6. Shatter magician Abby

1700 ATK/1700 DEF

Effect: If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, Banish one card your opponent controls. Once per turn, if you take damage, you can activate one of these effects depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: Banish the top card of your opponent's deck.

2000: Banish one card from your opponent's graveyard.

3000 or more: Banish cards from your opponent's field or graveyard, up to the number of "Shatter Magician" monsters you control.

7. Shatter Magician Ariel

Lv. 5 Light Spellcaster-type effect monster

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned/set, and can only be special summoned by Banishing three "Shatter Magician" monsters from your graveyard. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, gain 3000 Life points. If you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: "Shatter Magician" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.

2000: "Shatter Magician" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by  your opponent's card effects this turn.

3000 or more: For the rest of this turn, "Shatter Magician" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponent'sj card effects, all battle damage you take becomes zero, and your opponent cannot target "Shatter Magician" monsters you control with card effects, except this one.

Extra Deck Monsters (So far)

1. Shatter Magician Ally

Link 2 LIGHT Spellcaster-type Link effect monster

1000 ATK/ Arrows: Bottom-Left, Bottom Right

Effect: When this card is link summoned, you can add one "Mirrors" Spell card from your deck to your hand. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy one "Shatter Magician" monster you control instead. If you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: Your opponent cannot activate Spell or trap cards this turn

2000: Your opponent cannot activate monster effects this turn.

3000 or more: Your opponent cannot activate card effects this turn.

Spell Cards (So far)

1. Palace of Shattered Mirrors

Field Spell

Effect: Once per turn, you can normal summon a "Shatter Magician" monster in addition to your normal summon/set this turn. You choose the attack targets for your opponents attacks (This includes attacking you directly).

2. Hall of Shattered Mirrors

Continuous Spell

Effect: Each time you take damage, you gain life points equal to half the damage you took. Once per turn, if you take damage, you can activate one of these effects, depending on the amount of damage you took:

1000: Target one monster your opponent controls. It can't attack this turn.

2000: Special summon a "Shatter Magician" monster from your graveyard or banished zone. That target gains ATK equal to the number of "Shatter Magician" monsters in your graveyard/banished zone x200.

3000 or more: Special summon as many "Shattered Magician" monsters as possible from your graveyard or banished zone. They each gain 1000 ATK and cannot be destroyed by battle.

3. Shards of Shattered Mirrors

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Destroy a "Shatter Magician" monster you control, draw two cards.

4. Magician's Magic Mirrors

Quick-play spell card

Effect: Destroy a "Shatter Magician" monster you control, and special summon, from your banished zone, one "Shatter Magician" monster with a different name.

5.Room of Shattered Mirrors

Continuous Spell

Effect: Once per turn you can  pay up to 3000 life points, target one "Shattered Magician" monster you control: That monster gains ATK points equal to the amount of life points paid.

I think that Anya and Ava's effects when you take 1000 damage are stronger than their 3000 damage ones (Maybe not as much for Ava, but Anya's is definitely stronger), so maybe I'd swap them out or have a cooler effect on 3000. But I gotta say I love Alia, all of her effects are awesome and line up perfectly in relevance.

The other monsters seem good enough and the spells seem fine, but it'd be cool to have a card that could make you take damage (Besides Palace, since it is only happens on the battle phase) to synergize with this archetype. Even though there is probably a thousand spells and traps that you can use to take damage but either way, a specific one to help you take damage and manipulate their effects would probably be well received here.

Anyway, the way this is looking right now it is mighty fine and my suggestion would be simply a optional cherry on top of this pretty cool cake you built. Congrats

I think that Anya and Ava's effects when you take 1000 damage are stronger than their 3000 damage ones (Maybe not as much for Ava, but Anya's is definitely stronger), so maybe I'd swap them out or have a cooler effect on 3000. But I gotta say I love Alia, all of her effects are awesome and line up perfectly in relevance.

The other monsters seem good enough and the spells seem fine, but it'd be cool to have a card that could make you take damage (Besides Palace, since it is only happens on the battle phase) to synergize with this archetype. Even though there is probably a thousand spells and traps that you can use to take damage but either way, a specific one to help you take damage and manipulate their effects would probably be well received here.

Anyway, the way this is looking right now it is mighty fine and my suggestion would be simply a optional cherry on top of this pretty cool cake you built. Congrats

Excuse me If I don't agree, but I've never understood what makes adding a specific card to your hand stronger than an effect that is ultimately more beneficial in the long run. A plus is fine, but that's the same as saying that my shards of shattered mirrors spell is stronger than Abby's banishing. Just something I never got is all. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it, and i'll definitely look into making that damage card. Or maybe I can add the effect onto the continuous spell. Thanks again for the congratulations!

Excuse me If I don't agree, but I've never understood what makes adding a specific card to your hand stronger than an effect that is ultimately more beneficial in the long run. A plus is fine, but that's the same as saying that my shards of shattered mirrors spell is stronger than Abby's banishing. Just something I never got is all. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it, and i'll definitely look into making that damage card. Or maybe I can add the effect onto the continuous spell. Thanks again for the congratulations!

Not necessarily. Putting into comparison, Abby's 1000 damage effect banishes the top card of the opponent's deck. That could be either good or bad depending on what goes there since it is now a card that can be targeted by effects that target the banished zone, for example. About her 3000 damage effect, banishing up to 5 cards on the field is a pretty big upgrade considering the one I just talked about, and then we take into consideration that Anya, who's also a Level 4 that can be as easily summoned as Abby only destroys (which can trigger certain effects), and on top of that, only destroys monsters, while Abby banishes any damn thing she pleases with basically the same requirement.

Now, let's put this thing in motion. Imagine you have Anya on the field, a random card that can make you take up to 3000 damage on will, and your opponent won't negate anything you will do because he's busy looking at how awesome he think his board looks. Then, you activate said random card, and now you have 2 options (I'm disconsidering the 2000 damage effect because it is good enough where it is): Taking 1000 damage and adding a "Shatter Magician" card from your deck to your hand, or taking 3000 damage and destroying monsters on the field. If you take 3000 damage, you destroy some monsters and that's it. If you take 1000 damage, you can add a "Shatter Magician" card to your hand, get Abby, summon her, take 3000 more damage since you can afford to, and now you will be able to banish and banish more than simply monsters, and no matter how many Shatter Magicians you control, taking the 1000 damage with Anya just seems better.

Of course, this is just a very specific and hypothetical example with a simple combo that could very easily be interrupted with some Ash Blossoming. It all depends on the context and Anya's 3000 damage effect could absolutely end up being more beneficial than her 1000 damage one in said long run, so I don't want to brainwash you into thinking this is the absolute truth, it's just a second perspective.

btw sorry for the long texts

Not necessarily. Putting into comparison, Abby's 1000 damage effect banishes the top card of the opponent's deck. That could be either good or bad depending on what goes there since it is now a card that can be targeted by effects that target the banished zone, for example. About her 3000 damage effect, banishing up to 5 cards on the field is a pretty big upgrade considering the one I just talked about, and then we take into consideration that Anya, who's also a Level 4 that can be as easily summoned as Abby only destroys (which can trigger certain effects), and on top of that, only destroys monsters, while Abby banishes any damn thing she pleases with basically the same requirement.

Now, let's put this thing in motion. Imagine you have Anya on the field, a random card that can make you take up to 3000 damage on will, and your opponent won't negate anything you will do because he's busy looking at how awesome he think his board looks. Then, you activate said random card, and now you have 2 options (I'm disconsidering the 2000 damage effect because it is good enough where it is): Taking 1000 damage and adding a "Shatter Magician" card from your deck to your hand, or taking 3000 damage and destroying monsters on the field. If you take 3000 damage, you destroy some monsters and that's it. If you take 1000 damage, you can add a "Shatter Magician" card to your hand, get Abby, summon her, take 3000 more damage since you can afford to, and now you will be able to banish and banish more than simply monsters, and no matter how many Shatter Magicians you control, taking the 1000 damage with Anya just seems better.

Of course, this is just a very specific and hypothetical example with a simple combo that could very easily be interrupted with some Ash Blossoming. It all depends on the context and Anya's 3000 damage effect could absolutely end up being more beneficial than her 1000 damage one in said long run, so I don't want to brainwash you into thinking this is the absolute truth, it's just a second perspective.

btw sorry for the long texts

I get it now. Thank you very much for explaining it to me. I added some more cards if you would like to see them.

I assume the new cards are Shatter Magician Ally and Room of Shattered Mirrors. That being the case, I liked both a lot, they add much to this archetype. Pretty good indeed. 

Yeah. I was thinking they didn't have any real protection other than like two cards, and slow archetypes like this one need all the protection they can get. Plus, it helps facilitate plays. Room of Shattered Mirrors is the damage card you suggested I make. The ATK boost is there to solve a problem with this archetype's low ATK, as well as to compensate for losing  3000 life points. People often don't realize how precious life points actually are in duels.

Archived