[CHIM] Pup Prize

D-81Ow3U0AIfsBH.jpg?w=1050&ssl=1

Pup Prize

Spell/Quick-Play
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) When your attacking monster destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand, but you cannot activate cards, or the effects of cards, with that name for the rest of this turn.

https://ygorganization.com/ifoundthecrowdpartfunny/

Guest BGMCANN0N

... Yeah this thing is, soooo.. How to put it?... Meh. These days, in any given turn you would rather just have things that would contribute to an actual play than needing to resort to pull something from the GY that you don't even get to use on the same turn... At the expense of attacking and actually destroying something mind you.

Sure you can Foolish Burial Goods a potentially devastating Spell or Trap prior to trying to activate this and pull what you sent to the GY, but would anyone really want to attempt this?

Seems like something that would have been at least okay way back in the days when things like Flamvell Firedog were a thing.

If this had been continuous, it would be better imo. At best right now it's a one-for-one that requires you to be in an advantageous state to get one card back. As a continuous spell/trap, it would at least be possible to get more than one card back, and wouldn't have to sit in hand/facedown as an inept spell that would still only have one use.

So nobody's going to point out that this thing brings out multiple cards from your GY if you succeed on multiple attacks, right? The activation of this card may be a hard OPT, but its effect isn't; it goes off every time it destroys something by battle. Anyone? Anyone? @BGM キャノン?

Like, this is screaming for Borrelsword, Ultimate Conductor, Chaos Ancient Gear Golem, Invoked Purgatrio, all those cards-for them, this is for the GY what Super Rejuvenation is for the Deck for Dragons. Only better since, BECAUSE THIS THING DOESN'T TRIGGER DURING THE END PHASE, you can just get your Traps in hand that you may have already used (coughImpermanencecough) and Set them for next turn.

Seriously, this card'll be stealth good-just get a multi-attacker on board and watch the advantage roll in. 7.7/10, man.

Just ran it on ygopro and... unfortunately it doesn't work as you'd described.

The recycle effect is connected to the card, not to the attacking monster.  Destroying a monster by battle is merely the activation condition to activate the card.  Kinda like "My Body as a Shield".

Guest BGMCANN0N

So nobody's going to point out that this thing brings out multiple cards from your GY if you succeed on multiple attacks, right? The activation of this card may be a hard OPT, but its effect isn't; it goes off every time it destroys something by battle. Anyone? Anyone? @BGM キャノン?

Like, this is screaming for Borrelsword, Ultimate Conductor, Chaos Ancient Gear Golem, Invoked Purgatrio, all those cards-for them, this is for the GY what Super Rejuvenation is for the Deck for Dragons. Only better since, BECAUSE THIS THING DOESN'T TRIGGER DURING THE END PHASE, you can just get your Traps in hand that you may have already used (coughImpermanencecough) and Set them for next turn.

Seriously, this card'll be stealth good-just get a multi-attacker on board and watch the advantage roll in. 7.7/10, man.

Well I do admire the attempt...

So I guess I will make a more conscious attempt on my end to find some form of usage despite how unequivocally trash this card is...

Let's see... So cards ideally you want to only pull cards that you can use on your opponent's turn, and so it goes: Quick-Plays, Traps, and Hand Traps. Additionally, this thing functions based on attacking and killing something...

So with those 2 things in mind I've concocted a usage... Recycle Honest like Hand Traps: Elemental Hero Honest Neos, Buijin Crane, World Legacy- World Lance, Kiwi Magcian Girl, etc. , etc. That way you have incentive to use up your hand trap in situation where you would want to conserve it... Other than that I guess any other Quick-Play Spells or Traps that work to promote an advantageous situation during either player's Battle Phase.

It is still not something to write home about... But, I guess it is something.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note: if we can't abuse this thing with multi-attackers... Why does this thing even have a HOPT? This thing doesn't even seem it would be problematic if it wasn't. The mere fact that we can't use the card that we pull on the same turn already weakens this card too much. I'm just curious as to what the brilliant minds who made this card saw how it would be a threat in rare situations where a player drew multiples of these.

Archived