Fusion of Potential [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Fusion of Potential

Spell

This card's name is treated as "Polymerization". Reveal 1 Fusion monster in your Extra Deck with 2+ named materials. Banish Normal monsters from your hand, side of the field, or GY whose Levels are the exact same as the Levels of the named Fusion Materials. Special Summon the revealed Fusion Monster from the Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon).

Added this among the Flame Swordsman stuff in the Single to Archetype game. Thought it'd be interesting to show as a standalone card though.

Interesting card. Since its name is treated as Polymerization, it could easily be searched with cards like Fuzion Sage. But my issue with it is since theres a lot of cards that are designed to support the card Polymerization, it makes poly somewhat obsolete since all those supports easily transfer over to a card like this. This also isn't taking into consideration that this works on Geminis as well as monsters that are treated as Normal monsters. Then again normal monsters aren't played as much as they use to so this card definitely helps them and could be very viable if it ever comes to life. Overall great card.

Cheers!

While the card itself can easily help certain fusions, I figured it'd be offset by a) the fact you need to run Normal monsters (or Geminis!  I hadn't thought about that!) and b) that most Fusions nowadays don't actually have 2 or more named materials (I think the most recent ones are just Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon retrains).  While the card fills in specific niche spaces extremely well, it doesn't have the widespread usability of good ol' Poly; I don't think it'd really "replace" Poly in a majority of decks.

Thanks for the look-through!

Archived