Tinkerer

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:27 AM
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I've had a specific series in my head since I was very young.  I've tried writing it out on multiple occasions, but lots of things often happened that necessitated starting over.  And over.

In any case, I'm not probably not gonna post individual short stories on here nor write and post my full novel on here, but I want to be able to write down critical bits and pieces of that series whenever I get around to writing more of it.

I'm not expecting readers, but if you have any interest in the story at all (questions, critiques, wanna know a quick plot synopsis, etc.), feel free to post or PM me.

Cheers!

Only real thing to note:

SPP = "Super-Powered Person".  Any sentient being (or any being given sentience by the SPP transformation process) is a "person" whether or not they're human.  Not called "superhero/villain" because both are terms that is a label given to an individual by others rather than a generic identification of what one is.  There's also no real consensus on who constitutes a "hero" or "villain", and it's ultimately a pointless task that would a) divide the SPP's power base as a whole (as they are already a super-minority in terms of total universal population), and b) demean any individual labeled "villain" which could (and historically has) lead to many problems.

All the characters the story follows are SPPs.

Ilmeni's Flight

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

MewMew3

MewMew3

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
    Last Visit Aug 19 2019 09:15 PM

We don't often see whole cities of superpowered people or even communities beyond a few people for that matter. When we do, it tends to be a remote paradise of sorts. It's not a place where you hear superpowered minimum wage employees complaining about a "hellhole". Looks promising of something different and interesting. Nice. ^_^ 

Tinkerer

Tinkerer

The Aloof One

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:27 AM
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Background:

- Breeze is the son of Ilmeni and Voltaire/Volty (from the first part).

- He is on the run from Volty b/c the latter wants to kill him for... reasons.

- He creates the alias "Oceanus" which is the name he's using for this section.

- This section will not be part of the novel as it is actually an alternate universe version of Breeze (from a story I'm working on with my brother).  That said, his character's personality here is supposed to be young and naive, similar in scope to how he was at the same age in the regular series.

- Biggest difference between the characters of both Breezes is that here he adopts the beliefs of Urban rather than sticking to the beliefs of his mother.  This section of story specifically focuses on Urban's beliefs and how Breeze/Oceanus was impacted by it.

Note:

Unlike the other one, this piece is strictly world-building and corresponds to the Universe as I see it in my head.  It shows very little in terms of character understanding or development.  If a certain portion does not make sense, it is probably because I had an in-built explanation in my head.  If you have any questions because of this, feel free to ask and I will try to provide context.

Superior

Further Info

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users