[IGAS] Light Dragon @Ignister

image0-10.png?w=1334&ssl=1

Light Dragon @@Ignister

Rank 4 LIGHT Cyberse Xyz Effect Monster

ATK 2300

DEF 1500

Materials: 2 Level 4 monsters

You can only use the 1st or 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) You can detach 1 material from this card: Destroy face-up monsters your opponent controls up to the number of “@@Ignister” monsters you control.

(2) When another Cyberse monster you control inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 Link monster from your GY.

(3) If a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by an effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.

quite improvement to the anime version, me likey

destruction become non-target

revival effect is non-archetypal triggered

the new protection effect is nice addition even when it bit costly

the only nitpick that it should have 2+ mat instead of fixed 2, but overall... its nice

Neat.

(i) non-targeting destruction removal in at the very least 1 up to 6 instances (unless removed and with 3 actually being realistic).

(ii) protection with its materials for all monsters on one's side of the field (protecting against mass removal)

(iii) an admittedly more situational revival effect (In case @Ignisters do get a Link 2 to ladder).

(iv) Completely generic, the only exceptions are that one would only get 1 instance of non-targeting removal and could not revive outside of Cyberse decks.

It appears that these @Ignisters might be quite solid.

wtf is @@Ignister

"@@Ignisters" takes their name from the Ignis, and possibly a wordplay of "administer". Conceptually, the Deck is an amalgamation of all six Ignis. The "@" in their names could be a reference to the traditional way of spelling e-mail addresses, which is strengthened by the order of their wording (e.g. "Light Dragon @@Ignister".com).

Winter doesnt watch VRAINS, so he won't know.

While I like it's more generic than its anime version, I still wished they kept the original effects, or at least the materials. Everything's too generic these days.

I can agree with the genericness though I find it intresting how this was chosen as the cover card and not Dark Templar as that monster appears to be more of the poster boy for the Deck.

Still I find it intresting how with its Link resurrection effect can be super useful if they releash Fire Phoenix @@Ignister with its Left and Right Link Markers.

I can agree with the genericness though I find it intresting how this was chosen as the cover card and not Dark Templar as that monster appears to be more of the poster boy for the Deck.

Glad I'm not the only one wondering why this is the cover card. When I saw it, I was like "Why this and not Dark Templar?" Though I'm not surprised this card's art differs from its anime counterpart (looks cooler than it), though I like that its effect is non-targeting removal.

Archived