Dragonmaids' Sendoff

EA88TP6UEAAHVq2.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

IGAS-JP064 ドラゴンメイドのお見送り Dragonmaid no Omiokuri (Dragonmaids’ Sendoff)
Quick-Play Spell Card
You can only activate 1 of this card’s name per turn.
(1) Target 1 “Dragonmaid” monster you control; Special Summon from your hand, in Defense Position, 1 “Dragonmaid” monster with a name different from the targeted monster’s, and if you do, the Summoned monster cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the end of the next turn, also return the targeted monster to the hand

Dunno if I should add to main thread, since this card is in IGAS instead, so ehhhh?

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/377972-they-have-officially-gone-too-far-dragons-cant-be-maids-can-they-thats-just-nonsense-dbmf/

It should be fine wherever.

Looks pretty solid.  It lets you trigger the Fusion, it lets you bypass the HOPTs on the smaller dragonmaids, it dodges targeting effects, and - if timed well - it can keep you alive if the opponent is pushing for an OTK.  It seems extremely versatile with its main downside being that it's unsearchable.  Honestly, considering how much of it benefits from being used during the opponent's turn, I kinda wish it was a Normal Trap instead...

No no. i'm saying there won't be time for you to use this card outside of the battle phase. I'm not saying it has to be used as an attack stopper. It can be used to both get effects off and to stop attacks, but if you go first, using this outside of the battle phase is not an option, because chances are Hauskee has either gotten Ogred, Kaiju'd, or your board has been blanket destroyed. And even if you go second, your opponent likely has 15 negates on board, or an ash blossom waiting to strike. No one's gonna be nice enough to allow you to play that card just for "Utility" which can't actually be done to begin with. What do you mean side step HOPT. You can't side step that. If you summon the same monster twice, you can't use its effect twice. Trust me i've tried.

Sidestep it with more consistent access to the ability to Summon something on your opponent's turn. Also, you can easily just use it in response to your opponent dropping their first monster for the turn, explicitly for the extra consistency if your opponent Ashed you on your first turn.

Sidestep it with more consistent access to the ability to Summon something on your opponent's turn. Also, you can easily just use it in response to your opponent dropping their first monster for the turn, explicitly for the extra consistency if your opponent Ashed you on your first turn.

Yeah. That sounds about right. Sorry I got all jumpy there. People just suck sometimes.

Archived