[IGAS] TA.I. Strike

TA.I.-Strike.png?w=1440&ssl=1

IGAS-JP051 Aiuchi (TA.I. Strike)
Spell/Quick-Play
You can only use a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If your monster battles an opponent’s monster, during damage calculation: have your battling monster’s ATK becomes your opponent’s battling monster’s ATK (during that damage calculation only), and if you do, at the end of the Damage Step, each player that controlled a monster destroyed by that battle takes damage equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster they controlled.
(2) If your “@Ignister” monster would be destroyed by battle, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

https://ygorganization.com/arewenotallinwantofagianthammer/

Can you banish this after activating to prevent your monster from being destroyed? I think that the destruction check happens during damage calculation so I am not sure how this would work.

Well, you would activate this before Damage Calculation, and thus it would go to the GY before the actual battle. So, yeah, I believe it was the entire point to use this, then block your own monster from dying to burn your opponent.

To my understanding, I believe this card becomes ubiquitous the turn you use it, and thus is affects all your monsters for the turn, maybe? Or perhaps it might help to wait for a more thorough translation.

Well, you would activate this before Damage Calculation, and thus it would go to the GY before the actual battle. So, yeah, I believe it was the entire point to use this, then block your own monster from dying to burn your opponent.

Which was the case in the anime, except it was Dark Templar who had the "can't die in battle to a monster with same ATK" eff which was removed IRL.

To my understanding, I believe this card becomes ubiquitous the turn you use it, and thus is affects all your monsters for the turn, maybe? Or perhaps it might help to wait for a more thorough translation.

The card says "during Damage Calculation", not before it, which is why I am confused.

Which was the case in the anime, except it was Dark Templar who had the "can't die in battle to a monster with same ATK" eff which was removed IRL.

I don't remember what the anime did, which made me wonder if this is how it worked in there, in which case, that's probably the intention. Not that the anime is proof that cards work, but if they are gonna release it, they probably want you to make it work that way too.

I don't remember what the anime did, which made me wonder if this is how it worked in there, in which case, that's probably the intention. Not that the anime is proof that cards work, but if they are gonna release it, they probably want you to make it work that way too.

Yeah, the anime version of this didn't have the "banish itself from the GY" clause, since Dark Templar had the protection so it made me wonder if this would when Dark Templar was revealed IRL.

The card says "during Damage Calculation", not before it, which is why I am confused.

However at during that step the ATK/DEF are compared and the phase does not end before this card is resolved and afterwards sent to the GY, so it should be able to protect, given that that step is not ended yet, at that point.

The one thing I noticed with this that outside of @Ignister you could use this so your smaller ATK monster can ram or be attacked in attack position by an opponents big monster where using this then enables you to burn out your opponent for higher damage while you take a much smaller hit off this.

E.g. Play a monster with 500 ATK, ram it into your opponents big 3000+ ATK monster, play TA.I Strike, both monsters are destroyed and your dealt 500 and your opponent 3000+ damage.

In addition to this its also a good way to clear your opponents biggest monsters using your smaller ones so your other much bigger monsters can go in to deal more damage.

Archived