[Duel Links] Insect Crystron

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

As I was pulling from the CyDra Box, I pulled a lot of Crystron cards.  I don't have the cards to build a full-on Crystron deck, but I really wanted to use some of 'em as an engine of some kind.

My initial idea was using Crystron Quan (Level 1 Tuner. During the opponent's turn it can Quick Effect Special Summon a monster then Synchro into a Machine using itself + the summoned monster) and lots of Level 4s with effects that trigger when sent from field to GY/or have GY effects.

Unfortunately, though, I realized that there are not a lot of Level 4 monsters in the game that can trigger off Quan.  Monsters that trigger on Special Summon don't work (Quan negates their effects), and monsters that are sent from field > GY by a card effect don't trigger because you're technically sending them for a Synchro Summon.  That's when I came across the Insect Package.

Decklist:

Skill: Beatdown

2 Crystron Rosenix - Searches for Quan while also being a Level 4.

3 Crystron Quan - The soul of the deck.  Essentially acts as a mass Sphere Kuriboh that puts a 2500 ATK body on the field and fuels your GY.

3 Retaliating "C" - The first of the two Insect floaters.  When sent, it can search for another EARTH Insect w/ 1500 or less ATK.  Its other effect has come in handy sometimes too.

3 Resonance Insect - The second Insect floater.  When sent, it can search for a Level 5+ Insect.  Its banish effect also has useful utility.

1 Doom Dozer - Big Insect monster to search with Resonance Insect.  Mostly just a beater, but it's useful in combination with Beatdown to get over certain threats (i.e. Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon).

1 Galaxy Cyclone - Spell/Trap removal.

2 Enemy Controller - Just a versatile spell.  Can usually handle a single problem monster.

2 Wall of Disruption - A solid battle trap that's used against big fields.

3 Lair Wire - Banish an insect from GY; target + destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.  Simple, effective, chainable removal that works in tandem with Resonance Insect.

Extra:

3 Crystron Ametrix - The main boss of the deck.  Quan summons this during the opponent's turn and this changes all opponent's SS'd monsters to DEF.  When destroyed, it floats back into Quan (or Rosenix if I need that extra ATK).

2 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries - Summoned if the opponent is playing passively and doesn't do anything vs. turn 1 Quan.

1 Powered Inzektron - Haven't summoned, though I've had several opportunities to.  Don't really have another card I can put here though.

The deck is actually very... moderate.  It has a decent ceiling, it's fairly consistent, and it has cards that work very well for different matchups.  Its biggest weaknesses are that it suffers in the "late game" and it is complete garbage at going second.

[spoiler=Specific Matchups]
Six Sam - Maybe I was just really lucky today, but the deck has yet to lose vs. Sams.  The deck has a lot of outs vs. Sam plays.  Ametrix wrecks Shien and Lair Wire/E-Con usually stops their plays before they get rolling anyway.

Blue-Eyes - Pretty good matchup for this deck.  Moving the opponent's monsters into DEF is usually enough to run them over alongside Beatdown, and the deck is usually reactive enough that it can play around B-E's more annoying cards.

Triamid - Haven't played against Triamids with the current form of this deck (I was trying out other Level 4s before settling on Insects), but even when using the previous forms of the deck, I had a really bad time.  The issue: Triamid doesn't Special Summon, so Ametrix does nothing.  The Insect portion of the deck doesn't do anything to supplement that fact.

Red-Eyes - Dunno why, but I haven't seen the deck for some reason.  I figure that "Retaliating 'C'" would be REALLY good in that matchup while the deck's natural versatility and strength vs. Special Summoned monsters would make the overall duel fairly easy.

Yubel - Hard loss.  The deck's only real out to things is Lair Wire and that's not enough.

Cydark/Desperado - Haven't played against it, but the matchup should actually be pretty interesting.  Most of my stuff dodges/floats so the destruction portion of the deck should be easy to deal with.  However, dealing with a 2400 ATK Normal Summoned monster (CyDarks) would not be as easy.  Overall, because of the versatile backrow though, I think this would normally be an easy matchup.

Ancient Gear - A very hit-or-miss matchup.  If AG's Special Summon Reactor Dragon, then the matchup is pretty easy.  However, if they Normal Summon it off Castle, then the match is much more difficult.  Neither side is an assured victory/defeat though and a lot of times it comes down to backrow.

If you have any questions about matchups/how the deck works/anything else about the deck, feel free to ask.  Thanks for the look-through!

Cheers!

Archived