Blue-Eyes Buster Dragon

Wildprince15

So, a little background before we get started. I quite literally just thought this up out of nowhere not even a second ago, but the basic story is, I thought, "What if Blue Eyes and Galaxy Eyes got into a fight?" And then I thought, "What if Blue Eyes had Xyz monsters like Galaxy Eyes?" And then I came up with this. So, without Further ado, introducing Blue-Eyes Buster Dragon!

Blue-Eyes Buster Dragon

Rank 8 Light Dragon type Xyz monster

3000 ATK/3000 DEF

Requires 3 Lv. 8 "Blue-Eyes" monsters.

Effect: This card's name is treated as "Blue Eyes White Dragon" while on the field or in the graveyard. You can detach up to 3 Xyz materials from this card to activate one of these effects, depending on the number of Xyz materials detached.

1. Add one "Blue Eyes" Card, or one card that specifically mentions "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your deck to your hand.

2. Special summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

3. All "Blue-Eyes" monsters you control gain 3000 ATK and DEF until the end of this turn, even if this card leaves the field.

During the end phase of either players turn, you can target one "Blue-Eyes" monster in your graveyard or banished zone, attach it to this card as material.

You can only use one effect of Blue-Eyes Buster Dragon per turn, and only once per turn.

Now, I was gonna have each effect require only one detach, but I figured giving it the ability to use each of its effects in one turn would make this card way too broken. Feel free to give your opinions and tell me how I can make this card better. Thank you all.

Wait, if I'm reading this correctly... you can use its 1st effect 3 times in one turn to search 3 Blue-Eyes cards, right?  That's definitely unique...

You are committing a lot into a card like this, so a triple search is kinda justified, but it still surprised me.  Other than that, it's a big fancy monster that otherwise is too cost-heavy to really be effective, but it is also a cool OTK beast that'd be fun to drop on an opponent if you have the resources to use it.

Might I recommend changing the 3 effect to be continuous for the turn?  Something like: "3: Until the End Phase, all "Blue-Eyes" monsters gain 3000 ATK, even if this card leaves the field."  Because it's unlikely that you'd have a B-E monster and this on the field at the same time, this change would let you revive/summon another B-E monster and it'll also gain 3000 ATK.

Ah, if that was your intention, I believe you'd have to put: "You can only use 1 "Blue-Eyes Buster Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn."

Functionally, the first part (the part you already have on the card) limits which effect you can use and the second part limits the number of times you can use it.  Without that second qualifier, there technically isn't a limit to how many times you can try to activate a card, as long as you only use 1 of the card's effects.

EDIT: As a sidenote, I just ran a quick search.  I don't think there is a card that has the first condition without the second condition.  That might be a gimmick that I'd wanna run with sometime...

• 4 months later...

Hmm. On one hand, I really like it. Blue-Eyes needs at least one good Xyz monster (though as an aside, I'd predict it'll probably get a Link before a playable Xyz, but I digress)

I do have two objections: namely, that attaching a banished BE to attach as material is OP. From the GY is fine, but banished? Too much, especially given Chaos Form if one is going for Chaos/Chaos MAX, or even Dragon's Mirror if going for TB or one of the Ultimates

Second, by detaching two materials, I would limit SSing a BE to only the hand or GY. BE already has a ton of support for deck SSing 

Otherwise, I'd love to see something like this!

Archived