[SR09] Gemini Ablation

A new Trap Card from the Structure Deck appears that supports Geminis and FIRE Warriors!

AblationAbrasion.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ss

SR09-JP035 Dual Ablation (Gemini Ablation)
Continuous Trap Card

You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) During the Main Phase: You can discard 1 card, then activate 1 of these effects.
• Special Summon 1 Gemini Monster from your Deck. It becomes an Effect Monster and gains its effect.
• Tribute 1 Gemini Monster, and if you do, Special Summon 1 FIRE Warrior monster from your hand or Deck. Then if you Tributed a Gemini Monster that gained its effect, you can destroy 1 card on the field.

Spoiler: https://ygorganization.com/sr09-gemini-ablation/

Ooh, that's really nice. While it's only three cards so far, I like the pattern they seem to be going in for Warrior's Strike R. Separating Geminis from Equip Spells, and using Fire Warriors as a sort of lynchpin so they can still keep to the overall theme. Also answers the question of how Evocator Eveque could be Special Summoned with its effect.

Summon Gigaplant off this?

The fact that there's no Level restriction on what you can summon kinda worries me about this card if I'm honest.  Not that the card is inherently broken or anything, but it means that Gemini design can't be as wonky as it had a right to be.

Archived