Fusion Restore [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Fusion Restore
Trap Card
Target 1 Fusion monster in your GY; Increase your LP equal to the targeted card ATK, then, return the targeted card to the Extra Deck. You can banish this card from your GY; Return 1 Fusion monster in your GY to the Extra Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Fusion Restore" effect per turn and only once that turn.

So Fusion Restore is a trap that allows you to recycle your Fusions for LP and extra cards by returning them to the Extra Deck.

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2019 at 8:10 AM, Thomas★Zero said:

Fusion Restore
Trap Card
Target 1 Fusion monster in your GY; Increase your LP equal to the targeted card ATK, then, return the targeted card to the Extra Deck. You can banish this card from your GY; Return 1 Fusion monster in your GY to the Extra Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Fusion Restore" effect per turn and only once that turn.

So Fusion Restore is a trap that allows you to recycle your Fusions for LP and extra cards by returning them to the Extra Deck.

Doesn't sound terrible, but a little broken TBH

Yes, I understand how it'd be used (I feel like Shaddolls would benefit from this particularly well) but the question is effectiveness and what's gained by using this. It's fine for a casual card, but there's a lot of things that would stop it from seeing use:

1. The card is a trap, so it has the inherent weaknesses of being slow. 2. Both its effects' activations are conditional (needing a Fusion in-grave). 3. Its main "effect" is LP-gain. LP is largely irrelevant in duels until you hit 0 or if you're bumping against the clock in a tournament setting. Therefore, you'd almost never want this card stuck in your hand.

For what it is, the card is fine, but I kinda wish the effects helped actually fuel each other (kinda like how Fusion Substitute did) rather than making itself and other copies of itself harder to use.

Archived