October 14th TCG list

https://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155&fbclid=IwAR0E-9Bf_d8lzdwYP5q9mvYPBugFcuie_GnabkPcBVmdoNSlFW_0eqbGuK0

Banned:
Guardragon Agarpain
Knightmare Mermaid

Limited:
Sky Striker Mecha - Widow Anchor

Semi-Limited:
Dark Armed Dragon

Unlimited:
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Destiny HERO - Malicious
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
Elemental HERO Stratos
Inzektor Dragonfly
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
El Shaddoll Construct
Royal Tribute
Super Rejuvenation

My thoughts on the banlist are as follows. 

Mermaid/Agarpain were degenerate, glad they are gone 

DAD coming to 2 is . . . . interesting. Maybe decks will play it, but probably not 

CED isn't good anymore, so that really don't matter 

Malicious will probably matter, since having it at 3 made it much more viable then when at 2 

Stratos is actually at 3 after all this time. I wonder how many copies hero players will play. 

They really just put Super Rejuvenation to 3!? Not sure if it will do anything too busted in the new format, but that seems kinda nuts. 

Shout out to all the Inzektor players who now have Dragonfly and Hornet at 3. Might be a thing now. 

Does triple Shurit really help Nekroz decks? It might, but I don't think you'd play Shurit as a three of ( even though he is really good ). 

They finally unlimited Ehther, which is good, but we still need more copies of panthieism. That card helps with unbricking so much. 

Edit: Forgot about anchor, glad that's at 1 now, that card was pretty stupid. 

Mermaid and Agarpain are good riddances. Now people will have to get Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss out the proper way.
Widow Anchor at 1 also makes playing against anything teching in Sky Strikers a little easier.
Stratos and Malicious will be interesting going forwards, especially with both the new Evil HERO cards and the upcoming HERO support in LD6.
Super Rejuvenation will be an interesting tech in a few Dragon decks, now that we have such decks like Dragonmaids and Hieratics that could take advantage of it. We'll see how it impacts the game.
Same with Dark Armed Dragon, which doesn't quite have the punch it used to.
All of the other cards taken off the list are cards that, like DAD, don't have the impact they used to, and honestly, they could remove some more, but this seems like a good experiment in freeing up the list.

Super Rejuvenation is one of those cards that either is super broken or is not good at all. As such, I don't think it is going to nearly have the impact one may think it would. Just stay from too many Rulers, plz.

Knightmare Mermaid...... BYE

I don't care about Guardragons, they are kinda degenerate but at the same time I like using REDMD, so I don't mind what happens to it

1 Widow Anchor tbh might be a bit of a punch in the gut, I am not exactly sure yet. I am slowly working my way back in and this is one I need to study more, but I think this might be the most impactful move here aside from the bans.

DAD shockingly did little impact at 2 in the OCG, I think it might see more in the TCG, but I am not as scared as I want to be. In fact, I am absolutely amused by alongside 3 Mali. Maybe I should try to work in *THAT* Deck again, though Arma and Grepher at 1 makes me still sad. (I absolutely get why though from what I have heard/seen)

Stratos might actually do something though, especially with the Evil HERO cards. There has to be something there, otherwise I see it being used for FTKs if nothing else *sighs*

Inzektor might become a hilarious rogue Deck, I at least am here for the meme of this Deck placing well in Regionals with full power

Monarchs still have 1 Pantheism but 3 Ehther is a start. I am curious to know if this is going to do anything

3 Shurit is alarming, though IIRC Unicore is the one that is at 1. As long as I never have to see the face of Djinn again, we good.

My thoughts and comments on the hits:

Banned:
Guardragon Agarpain - Pretty much deserved, cheating Extra Deck Mechanics after so much "thought" and effort they were put into. To be chated like that was not healthy, hitting the end product this time instead of the starter/facilitator (Elpy) was accurate.
Knightmare Mermaid -  Finally Orcust can be their own deck and not every one's company lady.

Limited:
Sky Striker Mecha - Widow Anchor - Its Ironic how none of this deck's cards  deserve a ban but a lot of them in some capacity are present in the list. Good hit but I dont think they will be faced our of the game yet.

Semi-Limited:
Dark Armed Dragon - Could go to 3 (not sure who will use that amount), but its nice to have it still here as a reminder of what he used to be.

Unlimited:
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End . Not relevant
Destiny HERO - Malicious - Finally, YES! I was thinking that HEROes or warrior dont have a win con to capitalize on for the 3rd Mali. Hope doesnt get abused again
Ehther the Heavenly Monarch - As long as Pantheism is still on the list  they cant be that viable. Hate the later with passion but I do think at semi limited should be fine (that will mean to return stormforuth here IMO)
Elemental HERO Stratos - Not sure if a 3rd copy is even needed anymore but it is welcome
Inzektor Dragonfly - Not relevant
Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz - Not that relevant, I believe moving Unicorn to 2 (and no more) should be next
El Shaddoll Construct - Not relevnat
Royal Tribute - I dont like this move at all, I believe the check rules may have play a part on this but the concept of the card itself its not healthy
Super Rejuvenation - Nothing that can abuse this at the time, Maidens are not strong enough

A very Quiet list overall, if anything relevant to the game should be added I would say

• Saryuya at 1 - Dont understand why they havent done it so far.                                                                                 
  • Engage at 2 - There will be ways to play them while they have it at 3, I think 2 is a fine number to experment on             
  • Dragonic Diagram at 2 - Dracos (mainly) should not be tha relevant on this day and age, they are very much a stun deck on steriods. 
  • Oviraptor at 2 - Nothing Personal against Dinos but the card is still too powerfull for its own good, and its not a limit either.

1 hour ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Let's put the OTK engine at 3. This banlist isn't broken. Nobody would consider putting a free BEWD/Burst Stream/Burn combo card in their deck at 3. Yeah.... definitely not broken. Good job Konami.

Are you talking about CED?  I think the TCG is just following the OCG on that one (it's been @3 over there.  I'm sure Winter could ya more specifics), and with its errata'd restrictions it's not anywhere near as powerful.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, Tinkerer said:

Are you talking about CED?  I think the TCG is just following the OCG on that one (it's been @3 over there.  I'm sure Winter could ya more specifics), and with its errata'd restrictions it's not anywhere near as powerful.

It still has potential. I mean Kuriboh can literally make up the small parts of a chaos deck now. So the banish material is very easy to come by. Also, CED is pretty much just a dark attribute BEWD even if you don't opt for the effect. And in a game where LP became more of a tool, dropping 1000 LP only to drop more chaos material into the grave while inflicting a potential 5400 damage is almost the same as being hit with Burst Stream, Dark Magic Attack, Card Destruction, 3 Meteor of Destruction and Inferno Fire Blast all at once. On the bright side, that is the max potential of the effect. But still, having 2 more of those in a deck where everything you drop just serves that chaos engine pretty much seals the deal. Especially if the next card you draw is another one. Granted the second one won't do near as much damage but it probably won't need to.

8 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

It still has potential. I mean Kuriboh can literally make up the small parts of a chaos deck now. So the banish material is very easy to come by. Also, CED is pretty much just a dark attribute BEWD even if you don't opt for the effect. And in a game where LP became more of a tool, dropping 1000 LP only to drop more chaos material into the grave while inflicting a potential 5400 damage is almost the same as being hit with Burst Stream, Dark Magic Attack, Card Destruction, 3 Meteor of Destruction and Inferno Fire Blast all at once. On the bright side, that is the max potential of the effect. But still, having 2 more of those in a deck where everything you drop just serves that chaos engine pretty much seals the deal. Especially if the next card you draw is another one. Granted the second one won't do near as much damage but it probably won't need to.

The issue is with the new errata, it doesn't let you do anything else. I have watched how the card has impacted the OCG (Japanese) game, and for the most part, it was used in Shaddolls when they were heavy on the Chaos theme in order to close out duels. It didn't do much else than put your opponent on a clock, and honestly if you didn't draw it at the right time, it could be an inconvenience and you may as well be running something else. This is why personally, I will take my Envoy of the Beginning before considering CED unless the Deck in question can really put out enough damage to put the opponent on a consistent clock. It's not very good going first either, which is an important thing now, the same issue that will hold back Dark Armed Dragon going to 2 to an extent. You don't want to play that sort of top-decking game, as with the lack of being able to follow it up with a Sangan/Witch effect, you will not be in an advantageous state. You essentially are giving your opponent the time and day to re-establish their hand and make a field presence and if any of their cards do anything in the Graveyard, you're flat out dead. One of the best Decks in the format at the moment, Orcust, is especially good at this, and the Gouki engine they will be pairing it with also gives you floats if you try to take out their field. That's not to also say about the negates they will also have on board if you go second. As much as I would like to see CED get some time just for the sake of it being THE Chaos Emperor Dragon, it's not going to happen more than likely. Thunder Dragons (The most likely Chaos Deck) have better things to do, and Shaddolls probably won't want to banish their Jugglers or Clowns now that they have those to mess around with instead of the White/Black Dragons and Lightsworns they used when they were using those Chaos bosses.

I actually did some testing with Dark Armed, and yeah, I am feeling about the same way about it here, though I suppose it also doesn't help the lack of Eclipse Wyvern. I think it could maybe head to three, but I am yet to test more out. It's been comfy though not having to deal with Mermaid though, I welcome that part of the format with the most open of arms.

5 minutes ago, VampireofDarkness said:

The issue is with the new errata, it doesn't let you do anything else. I have watched how the card has impacted the OCG (Japanese) game, and for the most part, it was used in Shaddolls when they were heavy on the Chaos theme in order to close out duels. It didn't do much else than put your opponent on a clock, and honestly if you didn't draw it at the right time, it could be an inconvenience and you may as well be running something else. This is why personally, I will take my Envoy of the Beginning before considering CED unless the Deck in question can really put out enough damage to put the opponent on a consistent clock. It's not very good going first either, which is an important thing now, the same issue that will hold back Dark Armed Dragon going to 2 to an extent. You don't want to play that sort of top-decking game, as with the lack of being able to follow it up with a Sangan/Witch effect, you will not be in an advantageous state. You essentially are giving your opponent the time and day to re-establish their hand and make a field presence and if any of their cards do anything in the Graveyard, you're flat out dead. One of the best Decks in the format at the moment, Orcust, is especially good at this, and the Gouki engine they will be pairing it with also gives you floats if you try to take out their field. That's not to also say about the negates they will also have on board if you go second. As much as I would like to see CED get some time just for the sake of it being THE Chaos Emperor Dragon, it's not going to happen more than likely. Thunder Dragons (The most likely Chaos Deck) have better things to do, and Shaddolls probably won't want to banish their Jugglers or Clowns now that they have those to mess around with instead of the White/Black Dragons and Lightsworns they used when they were using those Chaos bosses.

I actually did some testing with Dark Armed, and yeah, I am feeling about the same way about it here, though I suppose it also doesn't help the lack of Eclipse Wyvern. I think it could maybe head to three, but I am yet to test more out. It's been comfy though not having to deal with Mermaid though, I welcome that part of the format with the most open of arms.

Well, CED does have 1 other issue. This kinda spawns from old school decks as well. Well, old school decks with search power anyway. I'm talking you're also risking your opponent having stuff like White Stone of Legend in their hand. Because nothing can hurt you more than cleaning the board only to give your opponent a free BEWD, DAD, REDMD, etc. In this case, those small cards can completely ruin a well put together CED strategy. So while the potential for mass damage is there, being able to follow up with something big can make or break your whole strategy. I mean, yeah, you could run a chaos dragon themed deck. At least that way, CED is more of a staple than an ace.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, Dragulas said:

Dragonic Diagram at 2 - Dracos (mainly) should not be tha relevant on this day and age, they are very much a stun deck on steriods. 

Just wanna quote this here. Why should they not be relevant? This a mentality I really don't like in the Yugioh community when it comes to certain decks due to their age etc. Old decks should be relevant. The deck isn't that strong as it is. Age shouldn't be a factor when it comes to banlists. More decks that are able to be played in a competitive environment and do well is believe it or not, good for the game.

5 hours ago, Quokka FLOCKA said:

Just wanna quote this here. Why should they not be relevant? This a mentality I really don't like in the Yugioh community when it comes to certain decks due to their age etc. Old decks should be relevant. The deck isn't that strong as it is. Age shouldn't be a factor when it comes to banlists. More decks that are able to be played in a competitive environment and do well is believe it or not, good for the game.

I suppose some people might think a deck is stale. Especially one like True Draco

3 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

I suppose some people might think a deck is stale. Especially one like True Draco

Doesn't mean it should get hit? The deck has had so many variations during it's lifetime in the TCG I don't see why it would be stale. Zoodiac True Draco, Invoked True Draco, Windwitch Invoked True Draco, Master Peace Turbo, Erupt Draco, Blind Second Mine Draco (recent) Sky Striker Draco (recent) The deck is always changing so I don't see how that would make it stale. Demise Draco isn't even the most common one anymore.

Just now, Quokka FLOCKA said:

Doesn't mean it should get hit? The deck has had so many variations during it's lifetime in the TCG I don't see why it would be stale. Zoodiac True Draco, Invoked True Draco, Windwitch Invoked True Draco, Master Peace Turbo, Erupt Draco, Blind Second Mine Draco (recent) Sky Striker Draco (recent) The deck is always changing so I don't see how that would make it stale. Demise Draco isn't even the most common one anymore.

I agree, I honestly go further, nothing that isn't meta dominant should get hit. But Konami does product push, and people do get tired, and instead of innovating they lazily rely on the banlist

Archived