Pocket Monsters 2019 anime

Announced on September 29th 2019

Features Ash (& Pikachu) and new character Go and his Scorbunny with this series taking place across all regions.
Starts November 17th

EDIT (Friday): new characters revealed
sakuragi.jpg koharu.jpg sakuragiinstitute2.jpg 
Professor Sakuragi, who works at the Sakuragi Laboratories in Vermilion City (great, more Kanto pandering). His 10 yr old daughter, Koharu (w Yamper) is a childhood friend of Go.

• 3 weeks later...

More episode titles:

Episode 1091: On Lugia They Go, Ash and Go! (November 17th)
Episode 1092: Ivysaur is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think So? (December 1st)
Episode 1093: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Scorbunny!! (December 8th)
Episode 1094: Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!! (December 15th)
Episode 1095: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!! (December 22nd)
Episode 1097: Don't Give In, Piplup! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!! (January 12th)
Episode 1098: The Pledge We Made That Day! The Ho-Oh Legend of the Johto Region!! (January 19th)

The first of these is part of a 1 hour special with the first episode, the second features an influx of Ivysaur near Vermillion, the next two feature Galar and the Dynamax phenomenon. Episode 6 features Go catching Pokémon, and 7 and 8 features trips to Sinnoh and Johto.

Weird how they are jumping around so much like the regions were just different counties of the same city. They must have some sort of super special lifetime membership for plane tickets, or maybe portals? I thought the series was gonna feature all regions by staying at least something like 8 to 12 episodes in one.

I still have my doubts that it is a reboot, have they confirmed it? They seem to be recalling events from throughout the anime in the past.
Though if it ends up being a reboot, it'd be nice to rework all the plot points they've made over the years into better things. The camp, James' family, Gary doesn't seem to be in sight at all.

If not a reboot, it'd be cool to see Ash and Go bump into mixes of Ash's companions, like how Clemont and Cilan met after Ash left Kalos, or Serena in Hoenn probably meeting Dawn or May.... and now I'm getting the vibe I'm describing Pokemon Champions a little.... xD

On 11/11/2019 at 11:18 AM, Sleepy said:

Weird how they are jumping around so much like the regions were just different counties of the same city. They must have some sort of super special lifetime membership for plane tickets, or maybe portals? I thought the series was gonna feature all regions by staying at least something like 8 to 12 episodes in one.

I still have my doubts that it is a reboot, have they confirmed it? They seem to be recalling events from throughout the anime in the past.
Though if it ends up being a reboot, it'd be nice to rework all the plot points they've made over the years into better things. The camp, James' family, Gary doesn't seem to be in sight at all.

If not a reboot, it'd be cool to see Ash and Go bump into mixes of Ash's companions, like how Clemont and Cilan met after Ash left Kalos, or Serena in Hoenn probably meeting Dawn or May.... and now I'm getting the vibe I'm describing Pokemon Champions a little.... xD

This screenshot confirms that it's not a reboot
EJUrPNtXYAA3r04.jpg

The official Japanese Pokemon YT channel had uploaded the first episode on YT, and will do so every week. So that offers a legal way for anyone to watch the series.

Also since spoiler tags are still broken, I'll white text my thoughts
Thoughts on SS001:
The Pikachu portion was cute, and I think it served as a nice origin story for his character before he became Pikachu, though I do think it dragged on a bit. (However the episode didn't address how Oak caught it, though that will likely be left ambiguous) Though the implication that Pikachu left the Kangaskhan as to not be a burden, resulted in him being a problem in EP001, which made Ash going out of his way and protecting him more important.
Ash breaking his alarm clock, resulting him to miss the camp was amusing, guess old habits die hard.
One thing I will say is that this raises questions regarding XY. In XY, Serena mentioned attending a Pokemon Summer Camp where she met Ash. In this episode, Ash missed the Pokemon Camp (which was simply mentioned as such) due to his excitement of going. Of course I believe that both camps happened'm inclined to believe that both camps happened.

Archived