[IGAS] Tune Knight

IGAS-JP031
Tune Knight (chuun knight, “chuu” being the sound mice make)
FIRE/Beast-Warrior
Union/effect
Level 1
500/500
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can treat this card as a tuner for the rest of this turn, but you can only Special Summon one more time from the Extra Deck this turn.
(2) Once per turn, you can either: equip this card to a face-up monster you control OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

unknown-13.png?resize=212%2C300&ssl=1

Guest BGMCANN0N

I love this art design... The mousetrap shield and the pointy cheese lance. It is perfect.

Effect wise... I find this thing weird... Why on earth would it need such a restriction on the first effect? I've only ever seen this Tuner modification effect a handful of times, and I don't think it has gone anywhere. And I am not 100% sure what range of indirect support this guy gets that would Special Summon him in the first place outside of One-for-One, and Kinka-Byo. If that is all that it really has, that in itself wouldn't warrant the restriction even needing to exist.

Union thing is slightly understandable... As you can use Fire Formation - Tensu to Normal Summon this in addition to regular Normal and then equip this to whatever it is you would like to protect. Although to use it more adequately it would probably have to be used in a Beast-Warrior/Fire Formation build of the sort. But even then... It isn't entirely worth the effort.

Archived