Superancient Deepsea Prince Gogognasus (When "Fishing For Compliments" Goes Right)

Black D'Sceptyr

I gave in, folks.

Also: wait, didn't I make this subhead joke before? Maybe.

Superancient Deepsea Prince Gogonasus by BDSceptyr

WATER/Fish-Type Link Effect Monster/Link-3/2800 ATK 

Link Arrows: Upper Left/Left/Bottom Right

Lore: 2+ WATER monsters, including a Normal, Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summoned monster
Cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card; apply this effect, depending on the type of the discarded card, but negate the effects of monsters in your possession for the rest of the turn, except WATER monsters.
● Monster: Special Summon 1 Fish monster from your Extra Deck in Defense Position, then if it is an Xyz Monster, attach 1 other monster you control to it as Xyz Material.
● Spell/Trap: Special Summon 1 Fish monster from your GY in Defense Position.

If I did make this subhead joke before, I apologize. But you know how the old saying goes...

Image result for if it ain't broke don't fix it gif

So it goes for your new Coelacanth Retain. Targeting's natural, the power of the WATER monster lineup now limits the card's otherwise bonkers Summoning condition (seriously, check the White Auras if you don't believe me.)

And in addition, even if its Xyz (because the Fusion offerings are vanilla packfiller trash), it can give itself up to make it usable. Okay, only for Shark Fortress, but come ON, work with me here.

Link Arrows should help you out some, and some WATER Fusions can get some mileage out of this and the newly dropped Clotheep to extend for some goodies. Even if its mostly gonna be Biphamet.

Until the next card (apparently we WON'T be waiting till 10 Nights of Fright to do): reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

Archived