Serpentine Queen (Eat Your Heart Out, Metal Gear Solid)

Black D'Sceptyr

(me on phone to other co-creators)

no see the joke here is that she's a solid snake, as in the support she offers to the archetype and in how she references the spy-clone who's in that Kojima-led franchise, especially considering how they're both good at extracting cost out of those who would seek their eradication, yes I know that she is an actual snake and that it's literally a codename in the clone's case stop being such a Karen oh no we're actually on the post now cut the convo CUT IT CUT IT CUT IT

Serpentine Queen by BDSceptyr

WATER/Reptile-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 7/2600 ATK/3100 DEF

Lore: 2 Reptile non-Fusion Monsters with 2500 or less ATK
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned in Attack Position when you control no Fusion Monsters, by shuffling 1 Reptile monster with 2000 or more DEF you control into the Deck, except "Serpentine Queen" (in which case, you do not use "Polymerization".) Each player must pay 500 LP to activate the effect of a non-Reptile monster. Once per turn: You can banish up to 2 Reptile monsters from your GY that were sent there from the Deck, then target the same number of cards on the field; destroy them.

Power of tactfulness, ladies and mentalgen. 

Now to this

mtv performance GIF

new Fusion here. Basically, Thunder Dragon Colossus But For Reptiles actually has a solid booty, which is weird considering its all tail, but is balanced considering it won't start out in Defense Mode by its Contact Fusion method. Which, by the way, not only echoes its predecessor in Serpentine Princess, BUT TRIGGERS IT TO SUMMON ANY LEVEL 3 OR LOWER MONSTER FROM YOUR DECK. Thank goodness for that limitation on its Summon, amirite?

But yeah, Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon stipulations on every non-Reptile monster's effect can and will build up for combo Decks, and Linkslayer But From the Pool Of Cards That Would Be Used For Linkslayer's Effect In The Place Where They Went is certainly a new thing. A welcome one too, considering Reptiles'... less than stellar presence in the Extra Deck, King of the Feral Imps notwithstanding.

In closing, yeah, it isn't a patch-all for the entire Type, but few things are in isolation. It takes continuous effort, and something like this is a good first step. Like Reptillanne Hydraling was. Like more after should be. I even encourage you all to excel me in this regard. Let's make this year the year of the Snake.

Until the next card: reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

Archived